Knighthawks and Rock Bring Lacrosse Back to MontrealOctober 10, 2012 - National Lacrosse League (NLL) - Rochester Knighthawks
The contest is set for Saturday, December 15th at 7:30 p.m., and was organized by Rooths Sports Events, the NLL, and the Lacrosse Federation of Quebec with the collaboration of evenko.
The last professional lacrosse game played at the Bell Centre was during the 2002 season by the Montreal Express. In their only season in the NLL, the Express finished 8-8. The Knighthawks went 2-0 against Montreal, which included a 21-16 victory at the Bell Centre on February 17, 2002.
"I remembered playing against the Montreal Express and it was a great place with a good atmosphere to play in front of," said Knighthawks Head Coach Mike Hasen. "I'm looking forward to bringing our best, while players compete for jobs and showcase what the NLL has to offer."
This game will feature the last two Champion's Cup winners in Rochester and Toronto. The Rock won the 2011 NLL Championship. The best lacrosse players in the world will descend on Montreal in December. The players expected to take part in the game include Garrett Billings, who was second in the NLL in points in 2012, and 2012 Championship Game MVP Cody Jamieson of the Knighthawks.
Tickets for the game go on sale on Saturday, October 13th at evenko.ca. Fans can catch the game on Sportsradio 950 ESPN and online at www.sportsradio950.com.
National Lacrosse League Stories from October 10, 2012
- Washington Stealth Announces Winners in Ticket Photo Contest - Washington Stealth
- Washington Stealth to Host Girls Lacrosse Clinic Prior to Home Opener - Washington Stealth
- Rock Announce Pre-Season Game in Montreal - Toronto Rock
- National Lacrosse League Preseason Game to be Played in Montreal - NLL
- Knighthawks and Rock Bring Lacrosse Back to Montreal - Rochester Knighthawks
- Mammoth Gets All Three Draft Picks Signed - Colorado Mammoth
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.