Mammoth to Host Week of Lacrosse Events at Pepsi CenterAugust 16, 2012 - National Lacrosse League (NLL) Colorado Mammoth
"We're proud to open our doors to give players, young and old, the opportunity to play at Pepsi Center," said Mammoth president & general manager Steve Govett. "Participants always tell us that it's one of their greatest thrills of their playing careers."
The Jr. Mammoth Invitational, featuring Novice (U10), PeeWee (U12), and Bantam (U14) divisions, will be held August 25-26. Teams compete for replica Champion's Cups, which the winners will retain for one calendar year.
The Colorado Mammoth Men's Box Lacrosse Tournament, which will take place the following four nights, includes eight men's teams in two divisions: competitive and recreational.
Highlighting the week of events are the inaugural games in the history of the Colorado Sabertooths of the Midwestern Indoor Lacrosse Association. The semi-pro team will take on the Madison Capitals on Friday night (8/24), followed by a duel with the Chicago Outlaws on Saturday (8/25). Retired Mammoth forward Brian Langtry, whose #6 jersey hangs from the rafters at Pepsi Center, is the team's head coach. He's joined on the bench by Mammoth defenseman John Gallant. General admission tickets to the feature games will be sold on game-nights for $10 apiece.
National Lacrosse League Stories from August 16, 2012
- Mammoth to Host Week of Lacrosse Events at Pepsi Center - Colorado Mammoth
- Thompson, Gibson Announce Retirement - Buffalo Bandits
- Veteran Rob Marshall Re-Signs - Toronto Rock
- Washington Stealth Launches One-Of-A-Kind Season Ticket Benefit - Washington Stealth
- Rush Defender Toll Focuses on Minto Cup August 18-26 - Edmonton Rush
- Minnesota Swarm Sign Lefty Forwards Jesse Guerin and Aaron Grayson - Minnesota Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.