Thunder Use Strong Pitching PerformanceJune 28, 2012 - North American League (NAL) McAllen Thunder
He singled in the second and fourth innings while driving in the second run, which would be the difference maker.
Brian Murphy (3-3) picked up the win for the McAllen Thunder. Murphy allowed one earned run, eight hits and no walks while striking out three over 7 2/3 innings of work.
RJ Harris went a perfect 3-3 at the dish for the Fort Worth Cats. He singled in the third, sixth, and eighth innings.
Tim Haines (2-3) was the game's losing pitcher. He lasted just six innings, walked none, struck out three, and allowed two runs.
Chad Robinson earned his fourth save of the season for the Thunder while pitching two-thirds inning and walked one in the process.
The McAllen Thunder will play the third of the four game series on the road versus the Fort Worth Cats on Friday night at La Grave field with the first pitch scheduled at 7:05 p.m.
North American League Stories from June 28, 2012
- Rio Grande Valley Loses - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Abilene Slips in Edinburg - Abilene Prairie Dogs
- Cats Once Again Outlasted by Thunder - Fort Worth Cats
- Thunder Use Strong Pitching Performance - McAllen Thunder
- Roadrunners Win Third Straight - Edinburg Roadrunners
- San Rafael Pacifics and Sonoma County Grapes Celebrate Sonoma with Weekend Series - San Rafael Pacifics
- Colts Sign Rookie Catcher - San Angelo Colts
- Dogs on The Wrong Side of 12-6 Decision - Abilene Prairie Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.