Blue Sox Win Third-Straight, 9-8June 28, 2012 - New England Collegiate Baseball League (NECBL) Holyoke Blue Sox
The two teams combined for 17 hits in the game.
The Holyoke Blue Sox got their bats going early, scoring six runs in the first inning to pull ahead of the Newport Gulls.
The Newport Gulls scored on an RBI double by Brett Winger, an RBI single by Conor Keniry, and a wild pitch in the sixth inning, an RBI single by John Norwood and a two-run single by Norwood in the eighth inning, and an error and an RBI single by Austin Slater in the ninth inning. Still, the Newport Gulls couldn't catch the Holyoke Blue Sox.
Aaron Weisberg recorded his first win of the year for the Holyoke Blue Sox. He allowed three runs over 5 2/3 innings. Weisberg struck out seven, walked three and gave up four hits.
Tanner Chleborad ended up on the wrong side of the pitching decision, charged with his first loss of the year. He allowed seven runs in two innings, walked one and struck out none.
The Holyoke Blue Sox were sparked by Danny Diekroeger and Paul McConkey, who teamed up for five hits and five RBIs.
The Holyoke Blue Sox would not relinquish the lead as the Newport Gulls were unable to weather a eight-run fourth inning deficit.
• Discuss this story on the New England Collegiate Baseball League message board...
• Digg this story
• Add to Del.icio.us
New England Collegiate Baseball League Stories from June 28, 2012
- Blue Sox Win Third-Straight, 9-8 - Holyoke Blue Sox
- Swamp Bats Blast Steeplecats 12-2 - Keene Swamp Bats
- Newport Comeback Falls Just Short at Holyoke - Newport Gulls
- Lightning Shortens Mainers Chances of a Comeback - Sanford Mainers
- Keene Bats Come Alive in 12-2 Win over North Adams - North Adams SteepleCats
- Vermont Wins Second Straight, 8-3 Over Sanford - Vermont Mountaineers
- Newport Gulls present "Idol Night" - Newport Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.