Lightning Acquire Forward Benoit Pouliot from Boston BruinsJune 23, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) Syracuse Crunch
Pouliot, 25, played in 74 games with the Boston Bruins last season, collecting 16 goals and 32 points to go along with 38 penalty minutes. The Alfred, Ontario native set career highs in goals and points last season. Pouliot ranked third on Boston in game winning goals with five and eighth in goals and plus/minus (+16). He also skated in seven playoff games with the Bruins, posting a goal and two points.
The 6-foot-3, 199-pound, forward has skated in 257 career NHL games with the Bruins, Minnesota Wild and Montreal Canadiens, collecting 53 goals and 104 points. He was originally selected by the Wild in the first round, fourth overall, in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.
American Hockey League Stories from June 23, 2012
- Barons Parent Club Picks Seven Players at 2012 NHL Entry Draft - Oklahoma City Barons
- Sabres Select Six Prospects on Day 2 of NHL Entry Draft to Round - Rochester Americans
- Kings Make Five Selections at Day Two of the 2012 NHL Draft - Manchester Monarchs
- Lightning Make Six Selections During Day Two of 2012 NHL Entry Draft - Syracuse Crunch
- Lightning Acquire Forward Benoit Pouliot from Boston Bruins - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.