Matt Fields Has Contract Purchased by RoyalsJune 21, 2012 - Frontier League (FL) Southern Illinois Miners
Fields, signed with the Miners on May 17th of last season, has proved to be one of the more effective Miners the past two seasons. Throughout his time in Southern Illinois, he played in 94 games and had a career average of .262. He amassed 95 hits, 19 doubles, 4 triples, 26 home runs, 72 RBI's, and scored 55 runs. He also stole 8 bases and walked 39 times.
Last season in the playoffs, Fields played in four games. He had four hits in 17 at bats, scored one run and had three RBI's.
He is one of 18 Miners players to move on to affiliated minor league baseball.
The Southern Illinois Miners congratulates first baseman Matt Fields on his next endeavor with the Wilmington Blue Rocks of the Kansas City Royals organization!
Frontier League Stories from June 21, 2012
- Otters Explode in 12th Inning for 6-3 Win at Southern Illinois - Evansville Otters
- Miners Lose in Extras - Southern Illinois Miners
- Take That! Lisk Delivers In The 11th - River City Rascals
- Rascals Walk off for Second Straight Game against Grizzlies - Gateway Grizzlies
- ThunderBolts defeat Beach Bums - Windy City ThunderBolts
- ThunderBolts Claim Game Two - Traverse City Beach Bums
- CornBelters edge RiverHawks, 3-2 - Rockford RiverHawks
- Maxwell Leads Slammers to 2-1 Win - Joliet Slammers
- Boomers Edged in Pitcher's Duel - Schaumburg Boomers
- CornBelters defeat Rockford - Normal CornBelters
- Matt Fields Has Contract Purchased by Royals - Southern Illinois Miners
- Rippers Respond to Liquor License Issue - London Rippers
- June 21 Joliet Slammers Game Notes - Joliet Slammers
- Crushers-Rippers Rained Out - Lake Erie Crushers
- Rippers Game Cancelled - London Rippers
- Two More Pitchers Headed to Affiliated Teams - Windy City ThunderBolts
- RiverHawks Announce Field Training Day & Veterans Appreciation Night - Rockford RiverHawks
- Miners Fall Short in Extras against Otters - Southern Illinois Miners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.