Crunch Sign Two-Time Calder Cup Champion Jean-Philippe CoteJune 20, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) Syracuse Crunch
Cote, 30, spent the 2011-12 season with the Norfolk Admirals, appearing in 58 games and collecting 15 points during the regular season (3g, 12a) and four points (1g, 3a) in the Calder Cup Playoffs. The defenseman has won two Calder Cups (Hamilton 2006-07 and Norfolk 2011-12) and is a veteran of 442 AHL games with Hamilton, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton and Norfolk, where he has totaled 81 career AHL points (15g, 66a). The Quebec City native has also appeared in eight NHL contests with the Montreal Canadians. Cote was originally drafted by the Toronto Maple Leafs in the ninth round, 265th overall, of the 2000 NHL Entry Draft.
Tickets for the Crunch's 2012-13 campaign are on sale now and can be purchased either in person at the Crunch Box Office located at the War Memorial on 800 South State Street in Syracuse, or by calling the office at (315) 473- 4444. For all the latest Crunch information and updates, fans can visit the team's official website at (www.syracusecrunch.com) or follow the club on Facebook at (www.facebook.com/syracusecrunch) and on Twitter (@SyracuseCrunch).
American Hockey League Stories from June 20, 2012
- Quick Wins Second All-Star Team Honors at the 2012 NHL Awards - Manchester Monarchs
- Kings Announce Qualifying Offers for Seven Players - Manchester Monarchs
- Crunch Sign Two-Time Calder Cup Champion Jean-Philippe Cote - Syracuse Crunch
- Penguins to Host Penn State Hockey on October 13 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Dufresne, Riendeau Complete Bulldogs Coaching Staff - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Sound Tigers Home Opener Set for Saturday, October 13 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.