Blaze Ink Former Third Round NFL Draft PickJune 19, 2012 - Arena Football League (AFL) Utah Blaze
"Alex Magee is a high energy player who should fit in well with our defense," said President & Head Coach Ron James. "He's a talented player with a stellar background who came in and earned a contract the hard way. We are anxious to see what he can add to our pass rush group."
Magee (6-3, 265, Purdue) was selected by the Kansas City Chiefs with the third pick in the third round (67th overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft. In his rookie season with the Chiefs, Magee played in 15 games and recorded eight total tackles with two sacks for 10 yards in losses.
The following season, Magee played in two games with Kansas City before he was traded to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. In eight games with the Buccaneers, Magee posted eight tackles with two sacks for eight yards in losses and added a forced fumble.
Magee played in 50 career games at Purdue University, where he totaled 117 tackles with six sacks and 14 tackles for loss. He added four quarterback hurries, four fumble recoveries, three forced fumbles, three blocked kicks and one interception. Magee enjoyed his most productive campaign as a senior in 2008, as he registered 28 tackles with 3.5 sacks, six tackles for loss, one forced fumble and one quarterback hurry.
Arena Football League Stories from June 19, 2012
- Blaze Ink Former Third Round NFL Draft Pick - Utah Blaze
- Poots Named Offensive Player of the Week - Utah Blaze
- Command Wide Receiver Brings Home JLS Ironman of the Week - Kansas City Command
- Poots, Calvin and Chambers Earn Week 15 Honors - AFL
- Live NFL Network Broadcasts to Resume on Friday - AFL
- AFL Lands ArenBowl XXV Partnership with AVITAE During CBA Resolution - AFL
- Blaze to Battle South Division Leader - Utah Blaze
- Defending the Mustangs and Holding the Line - Milwaukee Mustangs
- AFL Playoff Scenarios as of Week 15 - AFL
- VooDoo Add Local Talent DB Josh Victorian - New Orleans VooDoo
- Philadelphia Soul Take over Hatboro Saturday - Philadelphia Soul
- Orlando Predators Host New Orleans VooDoo Friday, June 22 - Orlando Predators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.