Vermont Lake Monsters Upgrade Centennial Field for 2012 SeasonJune 16, 2012 - New York-Penn League (NYPL) Vermont Lake Monsters
The biggest difference that Lake Monsters fans will see at Centennial is a brand new 27-foot by 16-foot video board and new scoreboard in left field provided by LSI Industries, Inc. The video board will give all fans a new game experienc e with the chance to get up close-and-personal with Lake Monster players through live video,Â headshots, player information, commercials, in between inning promotions and fan interaction.
Along with the video board, other upgrades to Centennial include:
* Each of the eight light towers taken down and replaced by new light towers with new wiring, fixtures and energy efficient lights as part of "Must Go Green" technology.
* Visiting teams have a new clubhouse (located underneath the scoreboard) including a coaches office, training room and locker space for all players.
* During the spring of 2011, the Lake Monsters clubhouse in the LaPointe Fieldhouse was renovated with a new lockers, training room, coaches offices and a players lounge.
* Following the 2011 season, the Centennial infield underwent a total renovation including regrading and resurfacing.
In all, the Lake Monsters have spent roughly $1,000,000 in upgrades and renovations to Centennial Field over the past year.
None of the improvements or renovations to Centennial Field would have been possible without the help of Total Sports Entertainment out of LaCrosse, WI, Twin State Signs, Melody Electric, Musco Lighting, Delta Electric, Burlington Electric, Lakewind Construction, SportsTurf Enterprises, the State of Vermont, the University of Vermont and the Centennial Field neighbors.
The 2012 Lake Monsters season opens this Monday, June 18th against the Tri-City ValleyCats at Centennial Field beginning at 7:05 pm.
New York-Penn League Stories from June 16, 2012
- Pirates' Supplemental First-Rounder Barnes Joins Spikes - State College Spikes
- Vermont Lake Monsters Upgrade Centennial Field for 2012 Season - Vermont Lake Monsters
- Indians Sign 1st Round Pick, Assign to Mahoning Valley - Mahoning Valley Scrappers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.