Gladiators Release Season-Ending RosterJune 15, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) Gwinnett Gladiators
The Gladiators Season-Ending Roster includes defensemen Sean Duddy, Will Colbert, Shane Sims, Cody Brookwell and forwards Nikita Kashirsky, Tyler Murovich, Bryan Brutlag, Joey Haddad, Dallas Jackson, Chris Clackson, Mike Bartlett, Igor Gongalsky, Andy Brandt and Evan Rankin.
Justin Milo is not included on the Gladiators season ending roster as he was traded to the Reading Royals to complete the trade for goaltender Joe Palmer. The Gladiators acquired Palmer from the Royals on January 28th.
Each team is entitled to reserve rights to a maximum of eight players from the list of 20 by extending a qualifying offer no later than July 1. Of the eight qualified players, no more than four can be veterans (260 regular season professional hockey games played as of the start of the 2012-13 season). Players on open qualifying offers cannot be traded. Teams are not required to extend a qualifying offer to players who sign a contract prior to July 1.
The qualifying offer must remain open for acceptance until Aug. 1 at which time the qualifying offer becomes null and void and the team may sign the qualified player to any salary or may elect to take no further action. Teams that extend a valid qualifying offer to a non-veteran player shall retain the rights to that qualified player for one playing season.
A team that extends a valid qualifying offer to a veteran player will retain the rights to that veteran until Aug. 1. After Aug. 1, if the veteran player is not signed to a contract by the team, the veteran shall be deemed a restricted free agent and shall be entitled to seek and secure offers of employment from other ECHL teams. Restricted free agents may not be traded. When a restricted free agent receives a contract offer from a team other than the team with the player's rights and the restricted free agent wishes to accept the contract offer, the restricted free agent and the offering member must, within 24 hours, notify the ECHL, the team with the player's rights and the Professional Hockey Players' Association. The member with the player's rights shall have seven days after the date it is notified to exercise its right to match the contract offer.
If a restricted free agent is not signed to either an offer sheet or a contract by an ECHL team by Aug. 31, the player shall be deemed an unrestricted free agent.
The Gladiators are the ECHL Affiliate of the Buffalo Sabres and the Phoenix Coyotes of the National Hockey League and are members of the ECHL, the Premier "AA" Hockey League and play all home games at the 11,355-seat Arena at Gwinnett Center, located just off I-85 on Sugarloaf Parkway in Duluth.
ECHL Stories from June 15, 2012
- Colorado Eagles Submit Season Ending Roster - Colorado Eagles
- Reign Announce Season-Ending Roster - Ontario Reign
- Nailers Announce Season Ending Roster - Wheeling Nailers
- Cyclones Announce Season-Ending Roster - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Gladiators Release Season-Ending Roster - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Aces Announce Season-Ending Roster - Alaska Aces
- Idaho Acquires Rights to Defenseman, Announces Season-Ending Roster - Idaho Steelheads
- Thunder 2011-12 Season Ending Roster Announced - Stockton Thunder
- Stingrays Announce Season-Ending Roster - South Carolina Stingrays
- Trenton Titans Submit 20 Man Season-Ending Roster - Trenton Titans
- K-Wings Announce Season-Ending Roster - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Announce Season-Ending Roster - Reading Royals
- Condors Announce Season-Ending Roster - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Announces Season-Ending Rosters - ECHL
- IceMen Announce NHL Affiliation with Columbus Blue Jackets - Evansville IceMen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.