Magill Named Southern League Pitcher of the WeekApril 30, 2012 - Southern League (SL) Chattanooga Lookouts
Magill made two starts during the week, going a combined 2-0 with a 1.29 ERA against the Tennessee Smokies (4/24) and Mobile BayBears (4/29). Going seven strong innings in both of his starts, he aggregately accrued 13 strikeouts against just 11 hits and five walks on the week.
A 31st round selection in the 2008 First-Year Player Draft, Magill is 2-1 on the season with a 4.50 ERA in five starts. He is currently tied for fourth in the Southern League in strikeouts with 31.
The Lookouts will hit the road Tuesday to play a five-game series against the Huntsville Stars but return home next Sunday to play a five-game homestand against the Montgomery Biscuits. Tickets for this game or any other Lookouts home game can be purchased at the Lookouts Box Office at AT&T Field, online at www.lookouts.com, or by calling (423) 267-4849.
Southern League Stories from April 30, 2012
- Stars Open Five-Game Homestand on Tuesday - Huntsville Stars
- Marc Krauss Named Southern League Player of the Week - Mobile BayBears
- Magill Named Southern League Pitcher of the Week - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Barons Open Ten-Game Home Stand Tuesday Night - Birmingham Barons
- Buck Night on Tap for Smokies' Upcoming Homestand - Tennessee Smokies
- Roster Move: Paduch to AAA, Fleming to Biscuits - Montgomery Biscuits
- BayBears Offer Great Week Ahead - Mobile BayBears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.