Austin's Lester Hudson Signs with Memphis GrizzliesApril 20, 2012 - NBA Development League (D-League) Press Release
Hudson returns to the NBA following a GATORADE Call-Up to the Cleveland Cavaliers on March 30. In 13 games with Cleveland, Hudson averaged 12.7 points, 3.5 rebounds, 2.7 assists and 24.2 minutes. During three games between April 6-10, Hudson averaged 24.7 points, 4.7 rebounds, 5.3 assists, 2.0 steals and 32.4 minutes including a career-high 26 point outing on April 8 at New Jersey.
In five games with the Toros this season, Hudson (6-3, 190, Tennessee-Martin) averaged 17.6 points, 6.0 rebounds, 4.2 assists and 29.2 minutes. He scored in double figures in all five games, including a season-high 24 points to go with 11 rebounds in a 113-103 win over the Iowa Energy on March 21.
Originally selected in the second round (58th overall) of the 2009 NBA Draft by the Boston Celtics, Hudson owns NBA career averages of 4.9 points, 1.4 rebounds, 1.3 assists and 10.6 minutes in 49 games with the Celtics, Grizzlies, Washington Wizards and Cavaliers.
Hudson is expected to join the Grizzlies today and be available when the team hosts the Charlotte Bobcats tonight.
NBA Development League Stories from April 20, 2012
- Utah Jazz Sign Blake Ahearn for Rest of Season - Reno Bighorns
- Texas' Dan Gadzuric Signs with New York Knicks - D-League
- Austin's Lester Hudson Signs with Memphis Grizzlies - D-League
- NBA D-League Update - D-League
- Ubiles Named 2102 NBA Development League Rookie of the Year - Dakota Wizards
- Dakota's Edwin Ubiles Named 2012 NBA Development League Rookie of the Year - D-League
- Texas' Sean Williams Signs with Boston Celtics - Texas Legends
- Texas' Sean Williams Signs with Boston Celtics - D-League
- Jam Fall to D-Fenders in Game 1 - Bakersfield Jam
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.