Padres Still Looking for First Run of 2012April 6, 2012 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Tucson Padres
Fresno's Charlie Culberson hit an RBI single in the first inning and the 1-0 lead stayed until the sixth, when Joaquin Arias hit a two-out, two-run single for Fresno. The Padres threatened in the ninth inning, bringing the tying run to the plate, but first basemen Todd Linden made a lunging play on Blake Tekotte's ground ball to end the game.
Tucson starter Joe Wieland struck out seven Grizzlies in his Triple-A debut and allowed three runs on eight hits. The Padres bullpen was strong Thursday, with Cory Burns, Alex Hinshaw and Colt Hynes pitching scoreless outings.
Next Game: Friday, 7:05 pm at Kino Stadium - Fresno LHP Brian Burres (0-0, -.--) vs. Tucson RHP Casey Kelly (0-0, -.--). The first 1,000 kids, ages 16 and under, receive a free Everth Cabrera or Kyle Blanks bobblehead. The game broadcast is live on Tejano 1600 AM at 6:55 pm.
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 6, 2012
- Z's Walk off on 12th Inning Error - New Orleans Zephyrs
- RedHawks Take Friday Night Win, 12-3 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Storm Chasers Fall to the Isotopes, 5-2, on Friday - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Sounds Drop Extra-Inning Affair in New Orleans, 2-1 - Nashville Sounds
- Isotopes Power to First Win, 5-2 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Round Rock Express Even Series at Iowa 4-3 - Round Rock Express
- Rainiers S.H.I.E.L.D. Night - Tacoma Rainiers
- Esmailin Caridad Added to I-Cubs Roster - Iowa Cubs
- RedHawks Game Notes - April 6, 2012 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Iowa Cubs - Round Rock Express
- Storm Chasers Beat the Isotopes, 8-4, on Opening Night - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Rainiers Drop Season Opener to Salt Lake - Tacoma Rainiers
- River Cats Take Season-Opener Over Las Vegas, 11-6 - Sacramento River Cats
- Padres Still Looking for First Run of 2012 - Tucson Padres
- Aces Roll to Season-Opening Victory Over Sky Sox, 5-2 - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.