D-Fenders Acquire Ishmael SmithFebruary 1, 2012 - NBA Development League (D-League) Los Angeles D-Fenders
Smith, a 6-foot, 175-pound guard out of Wake Forest University, originally joined the NBA after signing with Houston as an undrafted free agent in 2010. In 28 games with the Rockets, including three starts, Smith averaged 2.6 points, 1.5 rebounds and 2.3 assists before being acquired by Memphis along with Shane Battier in exchange for Hasheem Thabeet, DeMarre Carroll and a future first round draft pick. In a combined 43 games for the Rockets and Grizzlies, Smith averaged 2.3 points, 1.1 rebounds and 1.8 assists his rookie season.
Smith signed with Golden State to start the 2011-12 season and played in six games for the Warriors, averaging 4.5 points, 1.5 rebounds and 1.5 assists in 10.5 minutes.
In 49 career NBA games, Smith has averaged 2.6 points, 1.1 rebounds and 1.8 assists in 10.3 minutes.
NBA Development League Stories from February 1, 2012
- Legends Challenge Best Scoring Duo in NBA Developmental League - Texas Legends
- Bighorns Escape Legends - Reno Bighorns
- Hobson Recalled by Bucks - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- D-Fenders Acquire Ishmael Smith - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Stampede Acquire Marcus Banks - Idaho Stampede
- Cavaliers Recall Harangody from Charge - Canton Charge
- Austin Toros' Justin Dentmon Named NBA Development League Player of the Month - D-League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.