Gems Trade Hogan to Wichita & Acquire Sibbald from AllenJanuary 26, 2012 - Central Hockey League (CHL) - Dayton Gems Press Release
Sibbald, a 27 year old native of Ridgeway, Ontario, comes to the Gems in a trade with the CHL's Allen Americans in exchange for future considerations. Most recently appearing in two games with the Bloomington Blaze this season, Sibbald boasts prior experience in the CHL with Mississippi and Laredo as well as three seasons with the Huntsville Havoc of the Southern Professional Hockey League where he was named the SPHL Goaltender of the Year for 2010-2011. Before turning professional in 2009, Sibbald completed four seasons with Brown University.
Hogan appeared in 23 games this season for the Gems in his rookie campaign. The former Michigan Wolverine finished in Dayton with a 7-11-5 record between the pipes.
Sibbald will be in a Gems sweater when Dayton travels to Evansville on Thursday night to battle the IceMen. The Gems return home on Friday, January 27 at 7pm when they host the Rapid City Rush on Cassano's Italian Ice.
Tickets to the Gems Friday and Saturday night home games inside the historic Hara Arena are now available by calling the Gems ticket office at 275-7777 or by visitingwww.DaytonGems.com. Discounted tickets are also available for groups of ten or more, and include special group perks.
Central Hockey League Stories from January 26, 2012
- Gems Fall in Third Period to IceMen 2-1 Thursday Night - Dayton Gems
- Martens Returns to Wichita, Thunder Acquire Goalie from Dayton - Wichita Thunder
- Gems Trade Hogan to Wichita & Acquire Sibbald from Allen - Dayton Gems
- Killer Bees Launch Light My Home - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Komets Head West to Arizona; Face Sundogs for Pair Friday and Sunday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Defenseman Carl Hudson Heads Overseas - Rapid City Rush
- Blaze Prepare for Three Games in Four Days, Two on Home Ice - Bloomington Blaze
- Dayton Gems Gameday - Gems Travel to Evansville for Thursday Night - Dayton Gems
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.