Flames Announce a Trio of Player MovesDecember 11, 2011 - American Hockey League (AHL) Abbotsford Heat
Horak, a native of Ceske Budejovice, played two games with the Heat during his brief stint in Abbotsford, recording an assist. Horak is tied for 12th amongst NHL rookie scoring leaders with two goals and seven assists for nine points in 25 games with the Flames this season. His seven assists rank him 11th and he is 5th in rookie game winning goals.
#51 Roman Horak - Forward
BORN: Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic DATE: May 21, 1991
HEIGHT: 6'0'' WEIGHT: 170 lbs.
ShootS : Left
Drafted : New York Rangers 5th round, 127th overall, in the 2009 Entry Draft
HOW ACQUIRED: Traded to the Calgary Flames with two 2011 2nd round picks for the rights to Tim Erixon & a 2011 5th round pick
Carson played 4 games with the Heat during his conditioning assignment, scoring 1 goal. He joined the Flames last season after being claimed on waivers from Carolina on February 28, 2010 and played six games with Calgary during the remainder of the season. Brett was injured during off-season training and has yet to play a game with Calgary this season.
#3 BRETT CARSON - DEFENSE
BORN: Regina, SK DATE: Nov.29, 1985
HEIGHT: 6'4" WEIGHT: 220 lbs.
HOW ACQUIRED: Claimed off waivers on February 28, 2011
DRAFTED: CAR - 4th round, 109th overall, in the 2004 NHL Draft
Nemisz, a native of Courtice, Ontario, played his first NHL game of the season last night in the Flames 3-0 win over the Edmonton Oilers. He has seven goals and 11 assists in 26 games with the Heat which puts him third in team scoring on this season.
GREG NEMISZ - CENTRE
BORN: Courtice, ON DATE: June 5, 1990
HEIGHT: 6'3'' WEIGHT: 200 lbs.
DRAFTED: CGY - 1st round, 25th overall, in the 2008 Entry Draft
Up next for the Heat are the Hamilton Bulldogs who coincidentally host Lake Erie mid-week before flying to the Fraser Valley for their only visit of the season. The former North Division rivals play at the AESC on Friday the 16th and Sunday the 18th. Friday's Game starts at 7:00 with the pre-game show commencing a half-hour prior to puck drop on Country 107.1 in the Fraser Valley, and online at theAHL.com. Sunday's game is the Heat's annual Teddy Bear Toss, with puck drop at 1:00 in the afternoon.
American Hockey League Stories from December 11, 2011
- Aeros Drop One to Peoria in Shootout - Houston Aeros
- Rivermen Down Aeros in Shootout - Peoria Rivermen
- Admirals Get by Hogs 5-4 - Milwaukee Admirals
- I Am Legein - Manchester Monarchs
- Rockford Snags a Point in Milwaukee - Rockford IceHogs
- Bears Power Past Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Four-Goal First Helps Bears Blitz Admirals - Hershey Bears
- Markstrom Boosts Rampage to 4-1 Victory Over Checkers - San Antonio Rampage
- Griffins Drop 3-1 Decision to Chicago - Grand Rapids Griffins
- P-Bruins Defeat Whale 3-2 - Providence Bruins
- Wolves Skate Past Griffins, 3-1 - Chicago Wolves
- Checkers Stymied in San Antonio - Charlotte Checkers
- Whale Tipped by Bruins - Connecticut Whale
- Crunch Announce Roster Moves - Syracuse Crunch
- Monarchs Comeback Beats Pirates - Portland Pirates
- Amerks Fall to Hamilton by 2-1 Score - Rochester Americans
- Falcons Dominate Sound Tigers 5-1 - Springfield Falcons
- Bulldogs Overtake Americans for 2-1 Win - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Falcons Power Past Sound Tigers 5-1 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Sharks WINgels Again in St. John's - Worcester Sharks
- AHL Announces Willsie Suspension - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Aeros Game Day, December 11: Aeros Vs. Peoria - Houston Aeros
- AHL Announces Suspension - AHL
- 'Canes Recall Drayson Bowman from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Flames Announce a Trio of Player Moves - Abbotsford Heat
- P-Bruins Sign Rookie Blue Liner - Providence Bruins
- Abbotsford Defeats Monsters to Sweep Season Series on Saturday - Lake Erie Monsters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.