Defenseman Dan Ringwald Loaned to Oklahoma CityNovember 2, 2011 - ECHL (ECHL) Stockton Thunder
Ringwald, 25, will make his AHL debut upon suiting up for the Barons during this regular season. He began the season scoring four points (1g-3a) and posting four penalty minutes in his first six games with the Thunder.
The 6-foot-2 and 190 pound blueliner was signed by the Thunder as a free agent on Aug. 25, 2011. He skated last year under an AHL contract with Hartford/Connecticut and was loaned to the Thunder on Oct. 31, 2010. After making his ECHL debut with the Greenville Road Warriors, he finished the 2010-11 campaign leading all rookie Thunder defensemen with 23 points (1g-22a) in 61 games while totaling 27 penalty minutes.
Ringwald skated in four Kelly Cup Playoff games with the Thunder last season.
The Thunder also announced the following transactions:
Jason Morgan (C) - placed on three-day injured reserve
Jody Pederson (D) - placed on seven-day injured reserve
Mike Little (D) - activated off injured reserve
Sebastian Owuya (D) - activated off injured reserve
The Thunder returns to play on Friday, hosting the Utah Grizzlies at 7:30 p.m. at Stockton Arena for the start of Thunder Goes Pink VI presented by St. Joseph's Medical Center in association with BloodSource, Union Bank and Food-4-Less. Radio coverage of the game will be available at 1280 KWSX. Online coverage is available for viewing (pay-per-view video charge) and listening (free of charge) at www.StocktonThunder.com, courtesy of AmericaOne.
The Thunder have frozen most Season Ticket prices for the 2011-12 season, which are on sale now and can be purchased by calling (209) 373-1500 or by visiting www.stocktonthunder.com. Thunder Season Ticket Holders enjoy the highest-demanded seating locations in Stockton Arena, benefits including admission to Season Ticket Holder-only events, discount opportunities on Thunder merchandise, a free e-newsletter, an exclusive gift, admission to the first two rounds of the Kelly Cup Playoffs and more.
For more information about tickets, merchandise, or other inquiries contact the Stockton Thunder offices at (209) 373-1500 or visit http://www.stocktonthunder.com/.
ECHL Stories from November 2, 2011
- Idaho Ends Streak with Emphatic Victory - Idaho Steelheads
- Stingrays Extend Winning Streak with 4-1 Victory over Everblades - South Carolina Stingrays
- Howes and Kissel Return to Aces Lineup - Alaska Aces
- Adam Huxley Returns to Wranglers - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Express Get Defenseman Steven Delisle - Chicago Express
- ECHL Transactions - November 2 - ECHL
- LeBlanc Added to Steelheads Roster - Idaho Steelheads
- Titans Monthly Radio Show Debuts Thursday - Trenton Titans
- Baier Returns to Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Wranglers to Grow "Movember" Moustaches - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Holiday Hockeyfest Unveiled - Toledo Walleye
- Quick Is MeiGray Group ECHL Alumnus of the Month - ECHL
- Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- MMA and Boxing Returns this Weekend - Kalamazoo Wings
- Defenseman Dan Ringwald Loaned to Oklahoma City - Stockton Thunder
- Paul McIlveen Returns to Grizzlies - Utah Grizzlies
- Kinetic Affect to Perform this Sunday During K-Wings Game - Kalamazoo Wings
- K-Wings Sova Receives League Honor - Kalamazoo Wings
- Kalamazoo's Sova Is AMI Graphics ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - ECHL
- Stingrays Gameday: 2-For-1 Tickets Tonight Against Everblades - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - November 2 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.