WNBA and Pirate's Booty Bring Familes Together this SummerAugust 1, 2011 - Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA)
During Family Nights, families will be treated to interactive contests, including the "Shake Your Booty" WNBA FIT Break, where they will have the opportunity to participate in a dance-off side-by-side with Pirate's Booty's "Pirate" mascot. Fans will also get to sample the company's deliciously baked snacks at these games.
In addition to the Family Nights, the partnership will also include special appearances and samplings by the "Pirate" mascot along with WNBA players at various retail locations and community events throughout the cities.
"We are thrilled to join Pirate's Booty for Family Nights this summer," said WNBA President Laurel J. Richie. "We know that families come to our games for a great in-arena experience while watching the competitive basketball they crave. With Pirate's Booty hosting these select games with a variety of special activities, we know our fans are in for an extra treat."
"We are excited about the opportunity to work with the WNBA and host Family Nights," said Pirate's Booty Vice President of Marketing Eric Berniker. "These experiential events are a great way to bring families together in a spirit of fun competition and in support of a healthy, active lifestyle."
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
• Digg this story
• Add to Del.icio.us
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from August 1, 2011
- This Week with the Seattle Storm - Seattle Storm
- Mystics Update - Washington Mystics
- Becky Hammon Named Western Conference Player of the Week - San Antonio Silver Stars
- January Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery - Indiana Fever
- Dream Forward Angel McCoughtry Named WNBA Eastern Conference Player of the Week - Atlanta Dream
- Atlanta's McCoughtry, San Antonio's Hammon Named Players of the Week - WNBA
- Seattle Storm Adds to Roster - Seattle Storm
- Dream to Honor U.S. Women's National Team Members Carli Lloyd and Heather Mitts - Atlanta Dream
- Courtney Vandersloot Added to 2009-12 USA Basketball National Team - Chicago Sky
- WNBA to Help Raise Awareness, Funds in Fight Against Breast Cancer - WNBA
- WNBA and Pirate's Booty Bring Familes Together this Summer - WNBA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.