Amerks Sign Cory Conacher to Amateur Tryout AgreementMarch 24, 2011 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Rochester Americans Press Release
Conacher, 22, joins the Amerks after completing an illustrious four-year career at Canisius College, where he led the team in scoring his last two seasons with the Griffs. The Burlington, Ontario, native is coming off a banner year in 2010-11, finishing first on the team with 42 points (23+19) en route to earning Second All-Team Atlantic Hockey honors, becoming just the second player in the program's history to be selected to the all-conference team on two occasions.
Conacher, who earned First-Team Atlantic Hockey honors and was named the Atlantic Hockey Player of the Year last season, scored a career-high 23 goals this season, including a team-best eight power-play tallies. He became the first player in the program's history with two seasons of 40-plus points and 20-plus goals, while his 23 scores are the most in the program's Division I history.
Setting or matching 11 school records during his career, Conacher will go down as one of the best to wear the Blue and Gold in the program's history. He owns the school's standards with 147 career points, 62 career goals and 12 game-winning tallies in 129 career games with the Griffs. In addition to his goals record set this season, the 5-foot-8, 175-pound forward also owns single-season marks in points (53), assists (33) and game-winning tallies (five), set during his junior campaign.
Conacher can make his professional debut on Friday, March 25thas the Amerks host the red-hot Lake Erie Monsters in the second leg of a home-and-home series at The Blue Cross Arena. The 7:35 p.m. contest will be carried live on SportsRadio 1280 WHTK and FM 107.3, Rochester's Sports Talk. Friday's game will also be broadcast live on Time Warner Cable SportsNet Channel 26.
American Hockey League Stories from March 24, 2011
- Heat Sign Trio of Players - Abbotsford Heat
- Rangers Agree to Terms with Free Agent Goaltender Jason Missiaen - Connecticut Whale
- Preview: Aeros Vs. Barons, Friday - Houston Aeros
- Monarchs at Your Service Nets Nearly $30,000 - Manchester Monarchs
- Crunch Sign Forward Everett Sheen - Syracuse Crunch
- Flyers Sign Matt Read - Adirondack Phantoms
- Crunch Players to Sign Autographs at All-Star Sports Cards Monday, March 28 - Syracuse Crunch
- Canadiens Assign Nigel Dawes and Andreas Engqvist to Hamilton - Hamilton Bulldogs
- B-Sens Launch 2011-12 Season Ticket Contest - Binghamton Senators
- MSHCA High-School All-Star Classic Starters to be Announced Live on FOX25 News - Worcester Sharks
- Sound Tigers Sign Three Forwards to ATO's - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Stanley Cup to be at Copps Coliseum on Tuesday - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Amerks Sign Cory Conacher to Amateur Tryout Agreement - Rochester Americans
- IceHogs to Break Attendance Record this Weekend - Rockford IceHogs
- Blues Recall Hensick, Assign Strachan - Peoria Rivermen
- Second Annual Pooch Party Is Sunday - Charlotte Checkers
- Tokarski Stymies Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.