Rowell Sets Record, Keys Fall 4-1August 22, 2010 - Carolina League (CarL) Frederick Keys
All seven walks were left stranded as the Keys had a runner at third base five times, four of which with less than two men out, but could not bring one home. Frederick would go hitless in its last 14 at-bats with runners in scoring position.
The Keys grabbed the lead in the second inning when Rowell walloped the first of his two doubles off of the wall to leadoff the inning. Next up was 2B LJ Hoes who tripled over the diving center fielder Pete Hissey and the Keys led 1-0. That hit would be the only one for the Keys with a runner in scoring position.
Salem took the lead off of Keys starter Nathan Moreau in the third inning when SS Ryan Dent and LF Alex Hassan hit back-to-back home runs, each down the line in left field. The solo shots were the first back-to-back home runs against the Keys this year.
Trailing 2-1 the Keys threatened but could never break through. Salem added insurance runs in the seventh and eighth innings in the Keys 4-1 loss.
The game was the 334th played in the Frederick career of Rowell who broke the standing 333 games played by OF Cory Keylor from 2002-04. Rowell broke the streak in style going 2-for-4 with two doubles.
Frederick now heads to Kinston for the series opener Monday, August 23rd at 7:00 p.m. from Grainger Stadium. Coverage will begin on 1450 AM WTHU and 1520 AM WTRI 20 minutes prior to first pitch.
Frederick Keys Playoff Tickets are available now with Game One set for Wednesday September 8th at Harry Grove Stadium. For tickets contact the Keys Box Offices at 1-877-8-GO-KEYS or purchase online at frederickkeys.com.
Carolina League Stories from August 22, 2010
- Pelicans Drop Rain-Shortened Finale to Tribe - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- K-Tribe Beats Myrtle Beach, Taking Series - Kinston Indians
- Dent Leads Red Sox Past Keys 4-1 - Salem Red Sox
- Rowell Sets Record, Keys Fall 4-1 - Frederick Keys
- Maya Chased, Wild Finish Sends Dash to Series Win - Potomac Nationals
- Wilmington Offense Wakes for with Sunday Slugfest - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- High Drama in 9-8 Dash Win - Winston-Salem Dash
- Cats Fall to Rocks in Finale at Frawley - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Lynchburg Hillcats Game Notes - Lynchburg Hillcats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.