Former Captain and League MVP Haydar Returns to ChicagoJuly 28, 2010 - American Hockey League (AHL) Chicago Wolves
The 30-year-old right wing ranks 10th on the Wolves all-time scoring register with 180 points (60G, 120A) in just 124 games with the club, spanning two seasons (2006-08). He was awarded the Les Cunningham Award as the AHL's most valuable player and John B. Sollenberger Trophy as the league's leading scorer after posting a career-best 122 points (41G, 81A) in 73 games with Chicago during the 2006-07 campaign.
HAYDAR, who is the AHL's all-time leading scorer in postseason competition with 135 career Calder Cup playoff points (59G, 76A) in 105 games, also appeared in 39 playoff games with Chicago, which includes leading the team to the 2008 Calder Cup championship. The title was his second, after winning the Calder Cup with the Milwaukee Admirals in 2004.
The Milton, Ontario, native notched 64 points (23G, 41A) in 66 games with the AHL's Lake Erie Monsters last season, and led the Grand Rapids Griffins and ranked sixth in the league with 80 points (31G, 49A) in 79 games during the 2008-09 campaign.
The University of New Hampshire graduate and 2003 AHL Rookie of the Year has also appeared in 23 career National Hockey League matchups, tallying eight points (G, 7A) with the Nashville Predators (2002-03), Atlanta Thrashers (2006-08) and Colorado Avalanche (2009-10).
Overall, HAYDAR has amassed 600 career points (224G, 376A) in 562 AHL games, spanning eight seasons with the Wolves, Admirals, Griffins and Monsters. He made hockey history while with the Wolves in 2006-07, when he collected a point in 39 consecutive games to start the season, tying Wayne Gretzky's 1985-86 run with the Edmonton Oilers as the fourth-longest streak in professional hockey history. The streak, during which he collected 79 points (24G, 55A), is both an AHL and franchise record.
In accordance with team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
The Wolves have announced six dates for the 2010-11 season, including the 17th home opener at the Allstate Arena on Sat., Oct. 16, at 7 p.m. For more information on ticket packages or group outings, visit chicagowolves.com or call 1-800-THE-WOLVES.
American Hockey League Stories from July 28, 2010
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Defenseman Cam Fowler - Syracuse Crunch
- Blues Acquire Stefan Della Rovere from Washington - Peoria Rivermen
- Two Rampage Sled Hockey Members Named to 2010-11 U.S. National Sled - San Antonio Rampage
- Boyd Kane, Dylan Yeo Sign for 2010-11 - Hershey Bears
- Wolf Pack Sign Defenseman Blake Parlett - Connecticut Whale
- NHL Stars & Legends to Support Charron Sunday - Rochester Americans
- IceHogs Sign Palmer, Leblanc for 2010-11 - Rockford IceHogs
- Former Captain and League MVP Haydar Returns to Chicago - Chicago Wolves
- New Oklahoma City coach featured on Episode 8 of Puska on Pucks - OSC Original by Denis Puska
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.