Johnson Named PCL Player Of The WeekMay 24, 2010 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) - Round Rock Express
Johnson led the hit .458 (11-for-24) in six games during the week with three home runs, nine RBI, 11 runs scored, three doubles and a triple. He currently rides an eight-game hitting streak, during which time he is hitting .469 (15-or-32). Johnson hit safely in six consecutive at bats and reached safely in nine consecutive plate appearances during the first two games of the Express series against Reno, both season bests for Round Rock.
A Naples, Fla., native, Johnson has hit safely in 11 of 12 games since rejoining the Express two weeks ago; he produced a sacrifice fly in the lone hitless game. Johnson is tied for seventh in the PCL with 11 extra-base hits this month, despite missing the month's first nine games. He is hitting .380 (19-for-50) with three homers, 14 RBI, 14 runs scored, seven doubles and a triple in 12 games with the Express.
Round Rock continues its third home stand of the season Monday, opening a four-game series against the Las Vegas 51s (Toronto Blue Jays). First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. CDT at The Dell Diamond.
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 24, 2010
- Sacramento Drops Nashville, 8-3, in Opener - Nashville Sounds
- Aces Drop Wild Game to 'Tops, 9-8 in 11 Innings - Reno Aces
- Z's Shut Out Beavers - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Stone Baffles Beavers, Ends Zephyrs Skid - Portland Beavers
- Express Take Series Opener with Las Vegas, 9-6 - Round Rock Express
- Cubs Shut Out by Salt Lake, 1-0 - Iowa Cubs
- PCL Names Player & Pitcher of the Week - PCL
- Brian Stokes To Rehab With Bees - Salt Lake Bees
- Round Rock Express Game Notes - Round Rock Express
- Johnson Named PCL Player Of The Week - Round Rock Express
- OKC RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Brett Anderson Schedule To Make Rehab Apperance - Round Rock Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.