Mallards' Desrochers RetiresNovember 6, 2009 - International Hockey League 2 (IHL 2) - Quad City Mallards
Desrochers, 29, chose to end his career after playing in the Mallards' first three games of the season. He was no longer with the team when the Mallards travelled to Bloomington on Wednesday night to meet the PrairieThunder. Over five-plus pro seasons Desrochers scored 92 goals and totaled 215 points in 327 games.
The Mallards return to action tomorrow night on home ice against the Muskegon Lumberjacks at 7:00 p.m. The first 1,000 fans ages 12-and-under through the doors for tomorrow evenning's game will receive a free Mallards mini-stick courtesy of Reynolds Ford. In honor of Veteran's Day, tickets to that game (and the Mallards' Sunday, November 15 matchup with Bloomington) are available to active military personnel and veterans for the special discounted price of just $9.
Tickets for Saturday's game and all remaining regular season Mallards home games are available at the i wireless Center box office, Ticketmaster outlets and www.ticketmaster.com or through Ticketmaster charge-by-phone toll free at 1-800-745-3000. The box office is open Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., on Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and on game days from 10:00 a.m. through the end of the second period.
International Hockey League 2 Stories from November 6, 2009
- Generals suffer heartbreaking defeat to Komets in shootout thriller - Flint Generals
- Bedard and Lindberg Score In Shootout To Lead Icehawks To 4-3 Victory - Port Huron Icehawks
- PrairieThunder fall to IceHawks - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Generals fall to Ft. Wayne in Shootout - Flint Generals
- Mallards Sign Maiani - Quad City Mallards
- Mallards' Desrochers Retires - Quad City Mallards
- Icehawks Sign Rookie Defenseman - Port Huron Icehawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.