Wolves Begin A New Legace Between The PipesOctober 12, 2009 - American Hockey League (AHL) Chicago Wolves
The Toronto native has amassed a 177-92-33 record with a 2.38 goals-against average and 23 shutouts in 337 career NHL games with the Los Angeles Kings (1998-99), Detroit Red Wings (1999-2004, 2005-06) and St. Louis Blues (2006-09). He also has appeared in 11 Stanley Cup playoff games, notching a 4-6 record and a 2.54 goals-against average, which includes winning the 2002 Stanley Cup as a member of the Red Wings.
Last season, the 36-year-old goaltender accrued a 13-9-2 record with a 3.18 goals-against average and .885 save percentage in 29 NHL games with the St. Louis Blues. He also posted a 14-7-1 record with a 2.00 goals-against average and .935 save percentage in 23 American Hockey League outings with the Peoria Rivermen. LEGACE also recorded a 3-4 record with a 2.52 goals-against average and .899 save percentage in seven Calder Cup playoff matchups with Peoria.
The Hartford Whalers fifth choice, 188th overall, in the 1993 NHL Entry Draft has also appeared in 142 career AHL outings, accruing a 68-52-16 record with a 2.78 goals-against average and 11 shutouts with Springfield (1994-98), Grand Rapids (2005-06) and Peoria (2008-09). He was awarded the 1996 Aldege "Baz" Bastien Memorial Award as the Most Outstanding Goaltender in the AHL and was named to the 1996 AHL First All-Star Team.
In accordance with team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
LEGACE and the Wolves host the Rockford IceHogs at the Allstate Arena on Wed., Oct. 14, at 7 p.m. For more information, or tickets to the game, call 1-800-THE-WOLVES or visit chicagowolves.com.
American Hockey League Stories from October 12, 2009
- Crunch Drop One to Americans 4-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Crunch Sign Goaltender Dan Tormey - Syracuse Crunch
- Blues Reassign Peluso to Alaska - Peoria Rivermen
- Rivermen Weekly - Peoria Rivermen
- Hogs Complete Three-Game Swing With Two Wins - Rockford IceHogs
- Mauldin Leads Sound Tigers over Senators in Matinee - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Admirals Set Out on Three Game Road Trek - Norfolk Admirals
- Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- B-Sens Fall To Sound Tigers In Overtime - Binghamton Senators
- Albany Completes Homestand; Set To Face-off With Adirondack in First TWCC Game - Albany River Rats
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals Release Forward Tommy Goebel from PTO - Norfolk Admirals
- San Jose Sharks Recall Forward Steven Zalewski From Worcester - Worcester Sharks
- Zweigle's And The Amerks Offer Red Hot Ticket Package - Rochester Americans
- Canadiens Assign Yannick Weber To The Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Crunch Announce Details of Supercuts Magnetic Schedule Giveaway - Syracuse Crunch
- Texas Sends Neal To Idaho, Releases Straub - Texas Stars
- Bruce Bowen To Give Testimonial At Rampage Faith Night This Saturday - San Antonio Rampage
- Amerks Take On Crunch Tonight At The Blue Cross Arena - Rochester Americans
- Pink At The Rink This Saturday Night - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Wolves Begin A New Legace Between The Pipes - Chicago Wolves
- Worcester Sharks return home in style ready for DCU opener - Worcester Sharks
- First Place Bears Head To Adirondack Friday - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.