Coleman Leads Smokies Past Stars 3-1September 11, 2009 - Southern League (SL) Tennessee Smokies
Casey Coleman took the win for Tennessee, pitching seven and two thirds innings while just allowing one run on four hits. Brian Schlitter pitched a scoreless inning and a third to earn the save.
Tennessee opened the game by scoring two runs in the first inning as Blake Lalli and Tyler Colvin collected RBI singles.
Huntsville cut the score to 2-1 in the bottom of the second with a Steffan Wilson RBI single.
The Smokies gave Coleman an insurance run in the top of the sixth, with Starlin Castro scoring Jim Adduci on a sacrifice fly. Adduci finished the night 2-4 with two runs scored.
The series continues tomorrow at Smokies Park with a 7:15 first pitch. Andrew Cashner (3-4) will pitch for Tennessee, opposed by Huntsville's Mark Holliman (7-10).
Southern League Stories from September 11, 2009
- Suns Take 2-0 Series Lead with 8-1 Victory - Jacksonville Suns
- Barons Fall Behind 0-2; Lose 8-1 - Birmingham Barons
- Coleman Leads Smokies Past Stars 3-1 - Tennessee Smokies
- Tennessee Heads Home With Split In Huntsville - Huntsville Stars
- Jason Heyward Honored by USA Today & Baseball America - Mississippi Braves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.