PCL Players of the Week - August 10August 10, 2009 - Pacific Coast League (PCL)
Huffman, a 24-year-old outfielder is in his first season with the Beavers. He was named to the Mid-Season PCL All-Star team and won the 2009 American Family Insurance All-Star Home Run Derby in his home ballpark PGE Park in Portland. The Texas native is currently hitting .251 with 17 home runs and 57 RBI in 108 games. He was drafted by the San Diego Padres out of Texas Christian University in the second round of the 2006 MLB draft where he played both football and baseball.
It took only one start for Andrew Baldwin to win his first PCL Pitcher of the Week award. The 26-year-old right-hander tossed a complete game shut-out against Round Rock on August 5. The former fifth round pick of the Philadelphia Phillies struck out six and walked none to improve his record to 6-and-7 on the season. He was acquired by the Seattle Mariners from the Phillies in 2006 with Andrew Bard in exchange for Jamie Moyer.
You can find more information on weekly awards and other League news all season long on the official Pacific Coast League web site, www.pclbaseball.com.
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 10, 2009
- Abreu slam sends 'Topes over Rainiers, 8-6 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Patterson powers Sounds past Bees, 11-4 - Nashville Sounds
- Vegas doubles up Cubs, 16-8 - Las Vegas 51s
- Reno twirls another shutout, wins 5-0 - Reno Aces
- Saccomanno, Johnson help Express dust Beavers - Portland Beavers
- A Night to Remember as Round Rock Scores 15 - Round Rock Express
- Colorado Springs-Memphis game suspended - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Royals Attendance Up; Triple-A Club Draws Over 300,000 for 22nd Straight Year - Omaha Storm Chasers
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Chad Huffman Named PCL Hitter of the Week - Portland Beavers
- River Cats to Continue with Two Newly Created, Value-Packed Promotions - Sacramento River Cats
- PCL Players of the Week - August 10 - PCL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.