Scorpions Cease OperationsJuly 2, 2009 - Central Hockey League (CHL) - New Mexico Scorpions
"I want to thank the fans and corporate partners for their years of dedication to this team," said Dave Ellett, Scorpions Owner/President. "Unfortunately we were not able to secure the new ownership we had hoped for and will have to go dark for the upcoming season."
Ownership will continue to pursue the sale of the team in hopes to have hockey back at the Santa Ana Star Center in the future. All current players will immediately become free agents.
Central Hockey League Stories from July 2, 2009
- Scorpions Cease Operations - New Mexico Scorpions
- CHL Statement on Oklahoma City/New Mexico - CHL
- John DeCaro Returns to Mudbugs - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Mudbugs Officially Introduce New Owners - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Center Mitch Stephens Signs in Germany - Rapid City Rush
- IceRays Ink Veteran forward Chad Woollard - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Kennedy Back With Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- RiverKings Putting Support To RMH Fundraiser - Mississippi RiverKings
- Fan-Favorites Ramsay and Gruenke Return for 2009-10 - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.