Wolf Pack Blanked by Sharks, 6-0; Series TiedApril 22, 2009 - American Hockey League (AHL) Connecticut Whale
Lukas Kaspar and Ryan Vesce led the Sharks' offensive charge with a goal and an assist apiece. Kyle McLaren, Logan Couture, Tom Cavanagh and T.J. Fox also scored Worcester goals, and Riley Armstrong, Dan DaSilva and Andrew Desjardins had two assists apiece.
McLaren scored the first goal of the game at the 3:19 mark of the first period. McLaren's shot from the right point beat Wolf Pack goaltender Matt Zaba, who was screened by Pack defenseman Brian Fahey trying to move Frazer McLaren from the front of the net. The goal was the first AHL playoff point for Kyle McLaren, a veteran of 719 NHL games with Boston and San Jose.
The Wolf Pack had one of their best periods of the series in the second, outshooting the Sharks 12-6, but couldn't get anything past Thomas Greiss, and the floodgates opened on the Wolf Pack in the third.
The Sharks would tally four times in 5:58 in the period's first 7:21, starting with Couture notching his first pro point at 1:23. Kaspar buried a high shot behind Zaba 2:22 later at 3:45, and then Vesce and Cavanagh connected 1:05 apart starting at 6:16 to open the advantage to 5-0. Fox created the final margin with his first goal of the series at 19:13.
The Wolf Pack enjoyed a 30-27 shots advantage in the game, the first time in the series they have outshot the Sharks.
The two teams will be right back at one another Thursday night in Game Five at the XL Center, with faceoff at 7:00.
American Hockey League Stories from April 22, 2009
- Bulldogs defeat Griffins 4-3 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Aeros take 3-2 series lead with overtime win against Peoria - Houston Aeros
- Aeros Stun Rivermen With Overtime Win in Game 5 - Peoria Rivermen
- Bulldogs Rally Past Griffins for OT Win, 4-3 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Bulldogs win 4-3 in OT to tie series - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Sound Tigers fall behind 3 games to 1 as Minard, Taffe score to lead Penguins to a 2-1 victory - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bears Win 3-2, Take 3-0 Series Lead - Adirondack Phantoms
- Sharks shutout the Pack 6-0 in Game Four to tie series 2-2 - Worcester Sharks
- Wolf Pack Blanked by Sharks, 6-0; Series Tied - Connecticut Whale
- Aeros assign center Morten Madsen to Danish national team - Houston Aeros
- Reid Cashman Recalled From Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Admirals Set Next Two Playoff Dates - Milwaukee Admirals
- Aeros sign Miami University forward Brian Kaufman for 2009-10 - Houston Aeros
- American Hockey League and Pirates to Make Major Announcement - Portland Pirates
- B-Sens Announce Jersey Exchange Program - Binghamton Senators
- AHL Morning Skate - AHL
- Yan Stastny and Tyson Strachan Return from St. Louis - Peoria Rivermen
- Amerks Help Everblades Advance In Kelly Cup Playoffs - Rochester Americans
- AHL Morning Skate - AHL
- Aeros host Peoria at Toyota Center in pivotal game five tonight - Houston Aeros
- McDonald's Presents Game Six at Carver Arena - Peoria Rivermen
- Hamilton Battles Grand Rapids In North Division Semi-Finals This Week - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Griffins Host Game Four Tonight - Grand Rapids Griffins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.