Lakers' Derek Fisher Joins Sparks' Broadcast TeamJuly 2, 2008 - Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA) - Los Angeles Sparks
Fisher joins veteran play-by-play announcer Larry Burnett, who is in his 11th season as voice of the Sparks. Fisher began his guest commentator role July 1. Other telecasts Fisher will work are July 6 vs. Phoenix, July 14 vs. San Antonio, Aug. 28 vs. Sacramento and Sept. 1 vs. Minnesota, which is on FSN West. The other telecasts are on FSN Prime Ticket. Fisher also serves as president of the National Basketball Players Association (NBPA).
"I'm excited to be working with the Sparks," said Fisher, a 12-year NBA veteran. "The front office has done a great job in assembling a crowd-pleasing and entertaining team to watch.
"Talking about basketball comes very easy to me. It's something I've been doing my whole life, so it's great that I get the chance to share my knowledge and experiences with basketball fans.
"I'd like to give the fans at home something interesting to listen to. I can tell them what a coach might be saying to his or her players during an important time out. Or what kind of play a team should run during a key possession."
For Sparks' ticket information, call 1-877-44-SPARKS. Tickets also are available by calling 1-877-WNBA-TIX or by visiting either Ticketmaster.com or wnba.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
• Digg this story
• Add to Del.icio.us
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from July 2, 2008
- Comets guard undergoes surgery - Houston Comets
- Minnesota Lynx Daily - Minnesota Lynx
- Increased Ratings, Attendance and Sellouts - WNBA
- Sacramento Monarchs Weekly Update - Sacramento Monarchs
- Lakers' Derek Fisher Joins Sparks' Broadcast Team - Los Angeles Sparks
- Sparks' Candace Parker nominated for ESPY Award - Los Angeles Sparks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.