Late Liddi Longball Lifts RattlersApril 19, 2008 - Midwest League (MWL) Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
Beloit (6-10) used the home run to jump out to a first inning for the second game in a row. Joe Benson singled to start the inning. Singleton drove a 2-1 pitch from Nathan Adcock over the wall in right-center for his second homer in as many games and a 2-0 lead.
Benson was in the middle of Beloit's third run of the game. He singled to lead off the third inning and stole second base. Garrett Olson singled sharply to right and Benson scored easily. But, that was it for the Snappers on the day.
Rattler starter Nathan Adcock pitched three more innings without allowing a run. Justin Souza, Travis Mortimore, and Bryan Harris kept the Snappers off the scoreboard over the last three innings.
Wisconsin (5-7) got their first run of the game in the top of the fourth. Edilio Colina sent a fly ball to center to start the inning. But, Benson lost the ball in the sun Colina wound up at second base with a double. Calvin Beamon moved Colina to third with a grounder. Liddi drove in Colina with an infield ground out.
Wisconsin rallied to tie the game in the top of the seventh inning. Joe Dunigan's sacrifice fly plated the first run of the inning. Ron Garth's two-out single to left knocked in the tying run.
Liddi stepped to the plate with one out in the top of the eighth inning and lined a home run to center. The long ball gave the Rattlers a 4-3 lead.
Wisconsin tacked on a run in the top of the ninth inning when Beamon drew a bases loaded walk to force in a run.
Harris pitched a 1-2-3 bottom of the ninth inning with a pair of strikeouts for his second save of the season.
The win snapped Wisconsin's 11 game losing streak in Beloit.
The Rattlers and Snappers meet in the final game of the three-game series on Sunday afternoon. Donnie Hume (1-0, 0.00) is the scheduled starter for the Timber Rattlers. Michael McCardell (0-1, 2.76) is set to start for the Snappers. Game time on Sunday afternoon is 2:00pm.
Midwest League Stories from April 19, 2008
- Loons Battle Back But Fall Short - Great Lakes Loons
- Bullpen fails to hold lead, Wizards lose, 10-9 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dragons Lose in Extra Innings - Dayton Dragons
- Kernels hold on for 2-1 win over South Bend - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Bees Lose in 12 Innings; Three-Game Series with West Michigan Even - Burlington Bees
- Wild pitch wins extra inning game for Whitecaps - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Late Runs Help Timber Rattlers Prevail - Beloit Snappers
- Late Liddi Longball Lifts Rattlers - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Lugnuts maul Cougars, 10-4 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Cougars Drop Finale in Lansing - Kane County Cougars
- Buschini tumbles back to roster - Fort Wayne TinCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.