Holden To DL, Sparks ReturnsAugust 23, 2007 - South Atlantic League (SAL) Savannah Sand Gnats
On Saturday, Aug. 18, Holden rolled his ankle as he turned to field a double hit to left-centerfield in the top of third inning against Kannapolis. In the bottom of the third inning, Elvis Cruz pinch hit for Holden, who has missed all four of the team's games since suffering the injury. He is eligible to return on Sunday, Aug. 26 against Columbus.
Sparks joined Savannah for the first time on July 20, and made two relief appearances before he was transferred to the Kingsport Mets of the Appalachian League. Sparks allowed six runs in 3.0 innings during his time in Savannah. In Kingsport Sparks made seven relief outings and recorded a 0.73 ERA in 12.1 innings.
Sparks will be active for tonight's Thirsty Thursday game against the Braves. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. For Sand Gnats tickets and a complete schedule, call the Sand Gnats offices at 912-351-9150 or visit www.sandgnats.com.
South Atlantic League Stories from August 23, 2007
- Cooper and Smith's Heroics Lift RiverDogs to Sweep of Catfish, 8-7 - Charleston RiverDogs
- Chapman Snaps Franchise Record In Power Victory - West Virginia Power
- Gnats Hang on to Win 11-7 - Savannah Sand Gnats
- Paul Smyth Provides Key Hit In 5-3 Victory - Greenville Drive
- Suns Avoid Sweept, Comback to Win 8-6 - Hagerstown Suns
- Long Ball Continues to Suit the Greensboro Grasshoppers - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- West Virginia's Power Too Much For Lexington - Lexington Legends
- Captains Take Series with 5-2 Win - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Drive Homer their Way to Win - Augusta GreenJackets
- RiverDogs Break All-Time Attendance Record - Charleston RiverDogs
- GreenJackets Game Notes - Augusta GreenJackets
- Suns Return Sunday For Final Homestand - Hagerstown Suns
- Holden To DL, Sparks Returns - Savannah Sand Gnats
- BlueClaws Playoff Push Has Seven More Home Games - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Tyler Wilson Headed to Myrtle Beach - Rome Braves
- BlueClaws Back For A Pair - Lakewood BlueClaws
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.