Zach Steinberger to Return
Zach Steinberger will be back with the Tampa Bay Rowdies in 2020 after a strong season in the center of midfield.
Steinberger joined the Rowdies last winter after splitting the 2018 season between the Indy Eleven and North Carolina FC and quickly showed his strengths.
"Zach was really influential for us on and off the field last season," Rowdies Head Coach Neill Collins said. "He's a big part of the Rowdies and what type of club we want to be. He's hard-working and energetic and we're delighted to have him back."
Steinberger tallied four goals and six assists in 24 appearances this year between the USL Championship and the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup. While the Rowdies were eliminated in the Third Round of the Open Cup, Steinberger excelled in the competition.
He scored and added two assists in a 4-1 win over The Villages SC in the Second Round and then added a further two assists in a 4-3 loss to OKC Energy FC in the next round.
"I'm very anxious to get back out there with the group and build upon what we were able to achieve last year," Steinberger said. "We are going to have a very talented and experienced core group of players returning that are fully bought in to the winning culture of the club. On a personal level, I'm looking forward to getting that feeling back when we walk out in to the best stadium in the league in front of the best fans in the league on Saturday nights. There's nothing like it. See you next year Rowdies nation!"
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from November 27, 2019
- El Paso Locomotive FC's Sebastian Contreras, James Kiffe, Daniel Navarro and Joshua Castellanos out of Contract Ahead of 2020 Season - El Paso Locomotive FC
- Reno Re-Signs Thomas Janjigian - Reno 1868 FC
- Bethlehem Steel FC Announce Roster News Ahead of 2020 Season - Philadelphia Union II
- 2020 Season Tickets Now Available - Saint Louis FC
- Riverhounds SC Announce Black Friday, Cyber Monday Sales - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Zach Steinberger to Return - Tampa Bay Rowdies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tampa Bay Rowdies Stories
- Chad Burt and Eric Rudland Join Rowdies Technical Staff
- Rowdies Acquire Louis Lomas on Loan from Norwich City FC
- Rowdies Launch WPSL Team in Partnership with Pinellas County United SC
- Rowdies Partner with Chargers SC for USL League Two Team
- Rowdies Announce Six-Game Preseason Slate