You Gotta See The Show!
The Quad Cities River Bandits announced their new marketing campaign for the 2008 season on Thursday, unveiling the entertainment-based theme, "You Gotta See the SHOW!" at a press conference held at Modern Woodmen Park.
"The River Bandits are about far more than great baseball," explained team owner Dave Heller. "Attending a ballgame at Modern Woodmen Park is going to be like attending a live show. Fans will be entertained from the moment they enter the park until the moment they leave at the end of the night. In addition to baseball, there are going to be live concerts, fireworks, games, giveaways, prizes, on-field entertainment, and so much more. The entertainment value we will be providing is something that local fans have never seen before."
Indeed, the River Bandits have been promising an enhanced ballpark experience for fans since Heller's Main Street Iowa purchased the organization in November. The club's commitment to this promise began with the reduction of ticket prices and has continued with a busier and more elaborate promotional schedule and in-game entertainment plan.
The River Bandits have garnered the help of noted Minor League Baseball promotional guru Bob Mascewicz of Total Sports Entertainment to help develop the promotional plan. Mascewicz made his mark in Minor League Baseball performing in the very popular Blues Brothers Act that toured professional sports venues throughout the country. He has brought a new mentality on baseball promotions to teams across the minor leagues and is helping to infuse a new and innovative promotional plan into the River Bandits.
"Bob and his company bring a whole new way of looking at entertainment to the River Bandits and the fans of the Quad Cities," said Vice President/General Manager Kirk Goodman. "It will not take long for people to realize that it is all about the show at Modern Woodmen Park. Whether you're five years old or fifty years old, there is something here for everybody. There is no better place to spend a summer evening then at the ballpark, and with all of the new entertainment being offered, fans will be able to participate in and enjoy all of the fun we have in store this summer."
Thursday's announcement also included a sneak peak at the River Bandits robust promotional schedule. Nearly every night in 2008 will have a theme, such as Redneck Night (May 8) and Price is Right Night (April 23). There will also be numerous trip giveaways, including destinations such as Las Vegas (July 18) and Busch Stadium in St. Louis (July 2).
Here is a rundown of the Top 10 River Bandits promotions in 2008, listed in chronological order:
1) April 5 - Lose Your Blues! Bring in any old Swing gear or anything light blue or burnt orange and exchange it for a free black River Bandits t-shirt, courtesy of Northwest Bank and Trust!
2) April 6 - Biggest Bandit Contest! Who is the biggest River Bandits fan out there?
3) April 11 - Renew Your Vows Night!
4) May 9 - Throwback River Bandits Jersey Auction to benefit the ALS Association!
5) May 21 - Autographed Baseball Giveaway!
6) May 31 - Cowbell Giveaway and Salute to the Cowbell, sponsored by Kemp's Ice Cream!
7) June 26 - Tattoo Night! Get a River Bandits tattoo and we'll throw in a free season ticket!
8) August 9 - Jimmy Buffet Night, featuring live post-game music!
9) August 11 - Rock, Paper, Scissors Tournament!
10) August 16 - Bobblection! Choose the bobblehead of your favorite presidential candidate to show your support!
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from March 13, 2008
- You Gotta See The Show! - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Get Educated This Spring At Pohlman Field - Beloit Snappers
- Dragons Logo Selected for CNBC Contest - Dayton Dragons
- Michigan Baseball Foundation Grant Donations Top $100,000 - Great Lakes Loons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.