Wranglers Waive Qb Adrian Mcpherson
AUSTIN-The Austin Wranglers announced today that they have waived quarterback Adrian McPherson.
"We felt like a change was needed at this point in the season," said Wranglers General Manager Glyn Milburn. "This was a difficult decision, but we think this choice gives us the best chance to win and earn a spot in the post-season."
McPherson (6-3, 218, Florida State), was acquired in a trade with the Utah Blaze prior to the AFL's 2007 season. Despite being the 2004 AFL Rookie of the Year, McPherson was inconsistent in his return to the indoor game this season.
Under center now for the Wranglers will be Lang Campbell (6-1, 210, William & Mary), who will assume the starting job for Austin. Chance Mock (6-2, 215, Texas), who was signed to the team's practice squad last week, will be signed to the 24-man roster and will be active as the team's second quarterback.
This Saturday, the Austin Wranglers (3-6) travel to Phoenix to play the Western Division's Arizona Rattlers (2-8) at 9 p.m. CST. Saturday's game will be televised Live on Fox Sports Net Southwest and can be heard on AM 1300 The Zone or via the Austin Wranglers Official Website at www.austinwranglers.com.
Russell Athletic ESPN Arena Football Monday
Make sure to tune-in each week as some of the AFL's best take the field on Russell Athletic ESPN Arena Football Monday. This week, the Colorado Crush travel to Chicago to face-off against the Rush in a heated Central Division showdown at 7 p.m. CST on Monday, May 7. On tap next week, the Dallas Desperados host the reigning ArenaBowl XX Champion Chicago Rush on Monday, May 14 at 7:30 p.m. CST.
In 49 other states it's just football. This is Texas - Football Country. For tickets, please call 512.339.3939 or visit the Official Website of the Austin Wranglers at www.austinwranglers.com for additional information.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League (1987-2008) message board...
Arena Football League (1987-2008) Stories from May 7, 2007
- Rush Erases Early Deficit, Outlasts Crush 59-48 - Chicago Rush
- Wranglers Waive Qb Adrian Mcpherson - Austin Wranglers
- Storm Lasso Wranglers 66-45 - Tampa Bay Storm
- Rush Activates Frank Moore From Injured Reserve - Chicago Rush
- Destroyers To Host Buckeye Coaches Night Friday, May 11 - Columbus Destroyers
- Comcast Local to Air Friday's Road Game Live at 7 p.m. - Grand Rapids Rampage
- Brigade breaks two-game skid with 53-41 win over Philadelphia Soul - Kansas City Brigade
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.