Wisconsin Timber Rattlers Specialty Jerseys for 2019 Include Copa De La Diversion Entry
GRAND CHUTE, WI - The Wisconsin Timber Rattlers are ready to unveil five alternate jerseys they will wear during the 2019 Midwest League season. The Los Cascabeles jerseys were announced earlier today by Minor League Baseball as part of Copa de la Diversión. The team will also wear new designs for their Star WarsTM, Brewers Sunday, Military Appreciation, and University of Wisconsin jerseys in 2019.
There are three games this season - May 10, July 20, & August 15 - in which the Timber Rattlers will change their name to Los Cascabeles and wear the alternate jerseys. The Los Cascabeles jerseys will be available in an auction that will end on August 15.
The Timber Rattlers are entering their eleventh season as an affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers and they will once again pay tribute to their parent club by wearing Brewers-themed jerseys during their Sunday home games. There are nine Brewers Sundays on the 2019 schedule and these jerseys will be available in an auction after the final Sunday home game of the season on August 11.
The patriotically-themed Military Appreciation jerseys are back, too. They will be worn by the Rattlers for the game on Sunday, July 7.
Star Wars jerseys have been extremely popular over the years and this year's design for the game on Saturday, June 22 is really special. The design is based on an early scene from A New Hope with the binary sunset on Tatooine.
The final alternate jersey to be announced at this time is the one inspired by the University of Wisconsin that the Rattlers will wear on Thursday, August 22 as part of Strike Out Cancer Night.
There are two other specially designed jerseys the team will wear this season. These jerseys will be unveiled as we get closer to the dates for those games.
Fans will have an opportunity to take home one of these specialty jerseys even if they are not at the game. Jerseys will be put up for auction on timberrattlersauctions.com again this season. Details on the start and end times for all auctions will be announced as the dates get closer.
Proceeds from the jersey auctions will go to the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers Charity Fund to benefit local charitable organizations.
The Timber Rattlers will begin the 2019 season at Beloit on Thursday, April 4. Wisconsin's home opener is Saturday, April 6 at 4:05pm against the Cedar Rapids Kernels.
The schedule for the 2019 Wisconsin Timber Rattlers season is available here. Fans may purchase full season, half season, seven-game to ten-game packages, or group outings for the season through the Timber Rattlers Ticket Office at Neuroscience Group Field at Fox Cities Stadium by calling (800) WI-TIMBER or (920) 733-4152; stopping at the Ticket Office; or online through timberrattlers.com. Individual game tickets for 2019 are on sale now! Ticket Office hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm and Saturdays from 10:00am to 3:00pm.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from March 18, 2019
- Wisconsin Timber Rattlers Specialty Jerseys for 2019 Include Copa De La Diversion Entry - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Dayton Dragons 2019 Preview, Part 6: Outfielders - Dayton Dragons
- Introducing Las Calaveras de West Michigan; Whitecaps to Participate in Minor League Baseball's "Copa De La Diversion" Hispanic Fan Initiative - West Michigan Whitecaps
- LumberKings to become Clinton Elotes on Sundays - Clinton LumberKings
- Lugnuts to Become... Lansing Locos - Lansing Lugnuts
- Captains Announce Copa de la Diversion Identity - Lake County Captains
- Johnny Cueto Among 20 Greatest Dragons - Dayton Dragons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wisconsin Timber Rattlers Stories
- It's Fry-Day as the Rattlers Walkoff Peoria for Doubleheader Sweep
- Rattlers Take Game One of Doubleheader 12-8 Over Peoria
- Peoria's Fast Start is Too Much for Rattlers
- Olmeda's Walkoff Homer Give Bees a Twinbill Sweep of Wisconsin
- Bees Take Game One From Rattlers in Extra Innings