Wisconsin Herd's Buford Suspended
February 24, 2020 - NBA G League (G League) News Release
NEW YORK - The NBA G League today announced that Wisconsin Herd head coach Chase Buford has been suspended for two games without pay for a direct and extended public attack on the integrity and credibility of the game officials.
Buford made his comments to the media following the Herd's 126-117 loss to the Grand Rapids Drive on Feb. 23 at Menominee Nation Arena, and has since apologized. Buford will begin serving his suspension tomorrow night when the Herd hosts the Delaware Blue Coats.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 24, 2020
- Long Island Nets Defeat Greensboro Swarm on Franchise-Record Shooting Night - Long Island Nets
- Wisconsin Herd's Buford Suspended - G League
- Detroit Pistons Recall Khyri Thomas from Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Timberwolves Recall Jacob Evans III and Jarred Vanderbilt from G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- WWE Legend Bob Backlund Headlines Blue Coats' Second Annual Pro Wrestling Extravaganza on March 14 - Delaware Blue Coats
- Indiana Pacers Assign Alize Johnson to Fort Wayne Mad Ants - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Long Island Nets to Host Second-Annual 'You Make the Call' Referee Clinic this Monday, February 24 - Long Island Nets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.