WFC2 Postponed Home Match Rescheduled for September 21 in Langley
VANCOUVER, BC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC announced today that the postponed Whitecaps FC 2 (WFC2) home match against Oklahoma City Energy FC has been rescheduled to Wednesday, September 21 at McLeod Athletic Park in Langley, BC. Kickoff will be at 7 p.m. PT with tickets available at whitecapsfc2.com.
"We're excited to bring a third match to the Township of Langley this season," said Whitecaps FC president Bob Lenarduzzi. "The community has already shown great interest in the first two matches. We look forward to their support for what will now be our regular season finale."
The match was originally scheduled for Sunday, April 17 at Thunderbird Stadium but was postponed due to a snowstorm in Denver preventing Oklahoma City from traveling to Vancouver. All ticket holders from the original date can use their tickets for the September 21 match, or redeem their tickets for a separate home match this season.
This will be the third home match for WFC2 at McLeod Athletic Park this season. The 'Caps will also host Arizona United SC on Sunday, August 21, and Seattle Sounders FC 2 on Labour Day on Monday, September 5. Both matches will kick off at 3 p.m. PT.
"The Township of Langley is excited to welcome Whitecaps FC 2 to our community and thrilled that a third game has been added," said Mayor Jack Froese. "We encourage local sports fans to take advantage of this opportunity to see such high calibre soccer played in their own back yard, and invite everyone to come cheer on the team at McLeod Athletic Park."
For more information on tickets, call 604-484-7862 or e-mail email@example.com.
In addition to WFC2, the 'Caps are also offering Skills Camps in Langley from August 29 to September 2 at Willoughby Park. Register today at whitecapsfc.com/camps and select Lower Mainland Skills Camps.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from June 20, 2016
- WFC2 Postponed Home Match Rescheduled for September 21 in Langley - Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2
- Mitts Added as USL's Guest Sideline Reporter for ESPN3 - USL
- Academy Expands Speed and Strength Program - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Mitts to Join ESPN3 as Guest Sideline Reporter for FCC-Louisville City Match - FC Cincinnati
- Against Toronto, Louisville City FC to Face MLS-Level Talent - Louisville City FC
- FC Montreal Faces Harrisburg City Islanders on Tuesday - FC Montreal
- Louisville City FC President Duffy Named 'Forty Under 40' - Louisville City FC
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.