WFC2 Add Midfielder Tyler Rosenlund
VANCOUVER, BC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC announced today that midfielder Tyler Rosenlund has been added to the club's inaugural Whitecaps FC 2 (WFC2) roster for the 2015 United Soccer League (USL) season. Per club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
"In Tyler, we add a local product who brings a wealth of league experience," said WFC2 head coach Alan Koch. "His leadership will be important as we embark on our inaugural season."
WFC2 midfielder Tyler Rosenlund
- Scored 11 goals in 124 matches with USL side Rochester Rhinos
- Won 2006 NCAA DI championship at University of Califorina, Santa Barbara
- Named BC Soccer Athlete of the Year in 2003
Rosenlund, 28, joins WFC2 after spending the past five seasons with Rochester Rhinos in USL. Last year, as team captain, Rosenlund scored two goals and added two assists. During his five seasons with the Rhinos, Rosenlund appeared in 124 games scoring 11 goals, was named the team's most valuable player in 2011, and helped the Upstate New York club win the 2010 regular season title.
"It's great to be back home and play in my own backyard," added Rosenlund. "I've been in the league for five years now and I can pass on my knowledge to the younger guys on the team. I'm looking forward to getting the season underway."
After a successful collegiate career at the University of California, Santa Barbara where the midfielder reached the college championship twice and won in 2006, Rosenlund, began his professional career with Swedish club Ã...tvidabergs FF before joining Toronto FC for the 2008 MLS season. Rosenlund scored one goal in eight appearances with the Reds.
Born and raised in Port Coquitlam, BC, Rosenlund is a former Canadian youth international who participated in the 2005 FIFA U-20 World Cup. He has also spent time with Surrey United of the Pacific Coast Soccer League (PCSL) and Vancouver Metro Soccer League (VMSL).
Come and see the next generation of Whitecaps FC stars as USL arrives in Vancouver. With Season Tickets available for as low as $118, WFC2 matches will be a unique and affordable experience for fans, families, students, and supporters. The first 1,100 fans to sign up for Season Tickets will be recognized as founding members of the WFC2 Starting 11, a membership group that offers exclusive rewards and experiences. Become a part of the team and secure your Season Ticket Membership today.
Date of Birth: September 13, 1986 in Port Coquitlam, British Columbia
Hometown: Port Coquitlam, British Columbia
Last Club: Rochester Rhinos
How Acquired: WFC2 free agent signing on February 26, 2015
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from February 26, 2015
- Sacramento Republic FC vs New York Cosmos Match Sold Out - Sacramento Republic FC
- Second Picks Announced for Rhinos Legends Game - Rochester Rhinos
- LA Galaxy II Season and Single-Game Tickets on Sale Now - LA Galaxy II
- Sounders FC 2 Unveils Amadou Sanyang and Duncan McCormick as First Two Player Signings - Tacoma Defiance
- Kickers Re-Sign Sascha Görres - Richmond Kickers
- Hillcrest HealthCare Systems and Roughnecks Announce Partnership - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
- WFC2 Add Midfielder Tyler Rosenlund - Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.