Wenatchee Fire Singe Snohomish, 8-5
Last week, the Fire, according to Head Coach Mike Osborn, fell "half-an inch short" against perennial rival Tacoma Stars in the first overtime game in club history. This week, Wenatchee would not be denied as they returned to action against the Snohomish Skyhawks.
Lopez led the charge for the Fire, striking for half the team's goal total on the night as the home side defeated the Skyhawks 8-5. Snohomish jumped out to an early 2-0 lead until Cristian Barboza put Wenatchee on the board with his second of the season. This sparked a 4-0 Fire run that lasted until the third quarter.
The end of the game brought its own drama, as Snohomish defender Corey Hendrickson was penalized for boarding Garret Brown of Wenatchee. In frustration, Hendrickson contributed an obscene gesture to the fray and was awarded a red card ejection for his effort.
In net for Wenatchee, Matt Stalnik made his fourth start of the season and earned his first win with a 15-save effort.
The Fire improved to 2-1 against PASL-Premier teams with the win and to 2-4 overall. They take to the road against WSA Rapids next Saturday, with live coverage beginning at 6:50 on WVSportsplex.com before returning to the Sportsplex the following day to play host to Revolución Tijuana of Mexico with a special Sunday start time of 3:05.
• Discuss this story on the Professional Arena Soccer League message board...
Professional Arena Soccer League Stories from January 16, 2011
- Wenatchee Fire Singe Snohomish, 8-5 - Wenatchee Fire
- Sockers Create Distance in West With 6-3 Win in Tijuana - San Diego Sockers
- Wenatchee Fire FC Rebounds after Tight Loss with Big Win - Wenatchee Fire
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wenatchee Fire Stories
- Wenatchee Fire Recovers from Four Goal Deficit to Draw in Snohomish
- WVSportsplex.com to Broadcast Clinching Match, Can Clinch Tournament Berth with Win
- Wenatchee Fire Escapes from Bellingham with Close Win
- Wenatchee Fire Singe Snohomish, 8-5
- Wenatchee Fire FC Rebounds after Tight Loss with Big Win