Week 4 Preview: San Diego Seals at Saskatchewan Rush
The Seals look to get back in the win column as the team finishes a three-game road trip with a Saturday night showdown against the Rush in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan at 5:30 PM PST.
General manager and head coach Patrick Merrill and his team enter the contest 1-1 after splitting the first two games on the road to start the season. The 2017-18 NLL Champion Saskatchewan Rush dropped their season-opener on the road at New England last weekend.
"They're a good, championship-caliber team," said Merrill of the Rush. "It's a tough place to play, but we're going to be ready."
Six players on San Diego's current active roster were previously part of the Rush organization. Transition player Adrian Sorichetti will return to the Sasktel Centre for the first time since being selected in the 2018 Expansion Draft.
"It's a great place to play, whether you're [the Rush] or any other team going into that building," said Sorichetti. "They tend to pack a big crowd and they bring a lot of energy on and off the floor. I'm excited to get back there and see some old fans. It's a great opportunity for us to go in against a great team like Saskatchewan and bounce back after a tough loss."
Transition player Brandon Clelland won 13-of-18 faceoffs, scored his first goal for San Diego and was part of the defensive unit that held Calgary to two goals in the first half last week. The Seals defense is looking forward to getting back out on the floor on Saturday.
"It all comes down to preparation," said Clelland. "We're taking care of the body, watching the game film, seeing their tendencies on offense and just making sure that we are ready as a team. We'll come ready to play."
This will be the first and only trip the Seals make to Saskatoon in the regular season. The San Diego Seals home-opener is set for Sat., Jan. 12 at 7:00pm PST against the Rochester Knighthawks at Pechanga Arena San Diego. Reserve your seats today at SealsLax.com.
B/R Live - Turner's live sports streaming service - will stream all San Diego Seals games throughout the 2018-19 season. B/R Live is available here; by downloading the B/R Live app through iTunes or Google Play; through Apple TV, the Roku platform and Amazon Fire TV.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from January 4, 2019
- Rock Win OT Thriller 11-10 over Wings - Toronto Rock
- Philadelphia Wings See Overtime Heartbreak in Toronto - Philadelphia Wings
- Georgia Swarm Expand Radio Broadcast Team - Georgia Swarm
- McBride Is Ready to Win in Second NLL Stint - Vancouver Warriors
- Rush Bolster Defence with Re-Signing of Bilic - Saskatchewan Rush
- Knighthawks Open Road Swing in Buffalo - Rochester Knighthawks
- Rush Sign Darian Durant for January 19th Game - Saskatchewan Rush
- TD Announced as Official Bank of the Rush - Saskatchewan Rush
- NLL Summary of Disciplinary Action - Week 3 - NLL
- Week 4 Preview: San Diego Seals at Saskatchewan Rush - San Diego Seals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.