Washington Freedom Host "Women's Networking Night" This Thursday
Boyds, MD (August 17)...Washington Freedom will celebrate the women of D.C. when they host Women's Networking Night this Thursday, August 19. The special program begins at 5:30 p.m. at the Maryland SoccerPlex, as Freedom welcomes women from the area for a unique networking opportunity and a special panel discussion featuring USA Today Sports Columnist Christine Brennan, Washington Area Women's Foundation President & CEO Nicky Goren and Reston Limousine President & CEO Kristina Bouweiri. The program will be followed by the crucial regular season match between Washington Freedom and Chicago Red Stars at 7:30 p.m.
Women's Networking Night, presented by Washington Radiology Associates, The Gazette, Lockheed Martin, Reston Limousine and Barrel Oak Winery, is an opportunity for prominent women in the area to come together to discuss the challenges facing women executives and to share advice. Attendees will have the opportunity to network with one another prior to and following the evening's panel discussion.
"This is a wonderful opportunity for prominent women to come together to share their experiences, and to network with one another," said Maureen Hendricks, Washington Freedom Owner. "We look forward to hosting three extremely successful women for a featured panel this Thursday night, and we hope to see women in our community join us for this exciting event."
Those in attendance will be treated to a complimentary wine tasting served by Barrel Oak Winery, followed by the Freedom home match, when the team continues the battle for a position in the playoffs with only four regular season games remaining. There are several ticket options available for Women's Networking Night, and all include admission to both the networking event and the evenings match.
"We look forward to hosting women from the region for a special networking experience prior to our home match against Chicago," said Mark Washo President and General Manager of the Washington Freedom. "This Thursday night's game against Chicago is extremely important to our team, and as it is one of only three regular season home matches remaining on our schedule, we hope to see our fans come out in force to show their support."
• Discuss this story on the Women's Professional Soccer message board...
Women's Professional Soccer Stories from August 17, 2010
- WPS Weekly - WPS
- Breakers Face Atlanta Beat on Saturday in New Britain, CT - Boston Breakers
- Head Coach O'sullivan Relieved of Duties - Atlanta Beat
- Washington Freedom Host "Women's Networking Night" This Thursday - magicJack
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent magicJack Stories
- Washington Freedom Announces Sonia Bompastor's Mutual Contract Termination
- Jim Gabarra Resigns as Head Coach of Washington Freedom
- Washington Freedom's 2010 WPS Playoff Run Ends with Overtime Goal
- Washington Freedom Travel to Face Philadelphia Independence in First Round of Playoffs
- Washington Freedom Defeat Atlanta Beat 1-0 To Advance To WPS Playoffs