Walleye Wednesday #8
Saturday night Toledo raced out to a 3-0 lead and defeated the Indy Fuel 3-2 to extend their home winning streak to seven straight contests. It is the first time in Walleye history that Toledo has opened the season with seven straight wins on home ice. The best start for a Toledo team on home ice in the ECHL was the 2002-03 Storm team that won its first 11 straight games at the Sports Arena.
Huntington Center Rocking: Another home game equals yet another standing room only crowd with 7,536 on hand for the Saturday night game. Toledo continues to lead the ECHL with 7,868 per game and is a perfect seven for seven to start this season in sellouts at the Huntington Center.
PK leads the way: Despite allowing a late power play goal to the Indy Fuel on Saturday, the Walleye continue to lead the ECHL on the penalty kill at 90.9% allowing just seven goals in 77 times shorthanded. Toledo had gone seven straight contests without allowing a power play goal prior to Saturday night.
Another week another win for Nagle: Goaltender Pat Nagle collected his 12th win of the year in Saturday's victory over Indy. That leads all ECHL goaltenders (3 better than the next closest goalie) to this point. His career best in victories came in the 2015-16 when he won 28 contests for the Fort Wayne Komets.
Home cooking continues: Toledo continues its four-game run of home contests with the Fort Wayne Komets on Wednesday morning. Toledo is 1-2-1 against the Komets this season. The Tulsa Oilers will make an appearance at the Huntington Center on Friday followed by the Wheeling Nailers visiting on Saturday. Friday's game is the lone meeting of the season between Toledo and Tulsa while the Walleye are 1-0-1 against Wheeling this year.
Star Wars headlines fun week: The force will be with the Walleye on Saturday night on the annual Star Wars night at the Huntington Center sponsored by A-Gas. Toledo will wear special Chewbacca themed jerseys that night. Wednesday is the second of two school celebration days while Friday night features the first post-game party with the players of the season.
Walleye Player of the Week:
Patrick McCarron (1 goal - 1 assist = 2 points).
Walleye Goaltender of the Week:
Pat Nagle (1-0-0, 2.00 GAA, .917 save %).
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 13, 2017
- G John Muse Recalled, Matesevac Added as EBUG. - Reading Royals
- Nailers Receive Players, Leading into Road Game - Wheeling Nailers
- Solar Bears Upend Cyclones in 5-2 Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mallards Acquire Bolton from Florida - Quad City Mallards
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Milwaukee Signs Lane to PTO - Atlanta Gladiators
- Walleye Wednesday #8 - Toledo Walleye
- Orlando Solar Bears at Cincinnati Cyclones - Orlando Solar Bears
- Reading's Willows Named Sher-Wood Hockey/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Royals Get D Nick Neville from South Carolina for F Matt Salhany - Reading Royals
- Tulsa's Hildebrand Named CCM/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Greenville's Herbert Named CCM/ECHL Player of the Month - ECHL
- December 5, 2017 - Norfolk Admirals
- Reading Royal Receive points against Wheeling Nailers - Reading Royals
- Steelheads Skate Past Grizzlies in Shootout - Idaho Steelheads
- Milwaukee Recalls Derek Army - Wheeling Nailers
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Graves Reassigned to Cleveland - Quad City Mallards
- Thunder Weekly Update - Wichita Thunder
- Thunder Weekly, December 4th - Wichita Thunder
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Garrett Ladd Returns to Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Nagle Named Goaltender of the Month - Toledo Walleye
- Toledo's Nagle Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Goaltender of the Month - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.