VooDoo Acquire Super Bowl Winning WR Antonio Robinson
NEW ORLEANS - The New Orleans VooDoo has been assigned wide receiver Antonio Robinson and the San Antonio Talons have traded Claim order #7 for VooDoo wide receiver Brent Holmes, announced the VooDoo front office Wednesday, June 5.
Robinson (6-2, 195, Nicholls State) is a native of Miami, Florida and played for the Nicholls State Colonels during the 2008 and 2009 seasons. Despite being a wide receiver in a run-first offense, in his two years with the Colonels, he had 47 receptions for 992 receiving yards and scored 10 TD's. As a junior, Robinson led the FCS in yards per reception (25.1), and was All-Southland Second Team as a receiver. The big play receiver also went on to earn honorable mention as a returner in 2009.
Robinson went undrafted out of Nicholls State and signed with Chicago Bears. After dealing with injuries in training camp, he ended up on the Green Bay Packers practice squad. Robinson became the first Colonel in Nicholls history to be a member of a Super Bowl winning team after the Packers defeated the Pittsburg Steelers 31-25 in Super Bowl XLV.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League message board...
Arena Football League Stories from June 5, 2013
- Blaze vs. Rush - Game Preview - Utah Blaze
- Soul Host New Orleans in Morgan's Return to Philadelphia - Philadelphia Soul
- Week 12 Preview: Rattlers at Talons - San Antonio Talons
- VooDoo Acquire Super Bowl Winning WR Antonio Robinson - New Orleans VooDoo
- Coleman Earns Shot In CFL - New Orleans VooDoo
- Exclusive Premiere of Guts & Glory Tonight - San Antonio Talons
- VooDoo vs. Soul - Game Preview - New Orleans VooDoo
- Week 12 Preview: Sharks at Shock - Jacksonville Sharks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.