Utah Royals FC Promotes Three Players
SANDY, Utah - Utah Royals FC has signed DF Gaby Vincent to a full contract and in conjunction moved FW Raisa Strom-Okimoto and GK Melissa Lowder to the 2019 Supplemental Roster.
Vincent joined Royals FC as a non-roster invitee at the start of the 2019 preseason, subsequently impressing the coaching staff and earning a spot on the supplemental roster to start the National Women's Soccer League Season.
Since then Vincent became a vital part of Utah's defense during the 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup, making seven appearances and six starts under Head Coach Laura Harvey. During those matches Vincent contributed to three clean sheets, in doing so she recorded 36 clearances, five blocks, nine tackles and a 84.15 percent passing rate.
Prior to joining URFC, Vincent spent four years at the University of Louisville where she made 54 appearances and tallied six goals and three assists.
As a previous National Team Replacement, Strom-Okimoto made two appearances, totaling 15 minutes.
Strom-Okimoto touted a standout collegiate career at the University of Hawaii where she was named the 2018 Big West Conference Player of the Year - the first University of Hawaii player to win the award. During her senior season Strom-Okimoto notched 12 goals and registered three assists.
Lowder joined URFC after four years at Santa Clara University where she started in 60 of 63 appearances and contributed to 18 shutouts.
Utah Royals FC will return to action on Saturday, July 27 at Rio Tinto Stadium against the North Carolina Courage. The match will be broadcast live on ESPNews, beginning at 7:00 p.m. MT.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from July 24, 2019
- Utah Royals FC Promotes Three Players - Utah Royals FC
- Three Points: Dash Travel to the West Coast to Face the First-Place Portland Thorns - Houston Dash
- OSC Weekly Ratings Wrapup - OSC Original by David Carlson
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Utah Royals FC Stories
- Utah Royals FC Return to Rio Tinto Stadium to Face OL Reign
- Utah Royals FC Opens NWSL Fall Series with 3-0 Loss in Portland
- Utah Royals FC to Begin NWSL Fall Series at Portland Thorns FC
- Utah Royals FC Acquires Forward Michele Vasconcelos from Chicago Red Stars
- Utah Royals FC Forward Christen Press Signs with Manchester United