Utah Royals FC Midfielder Gunny Jonsdottir to Play on Loan in Iceland
SANDY, Utah - - Utah Royals FC have agreed to a three-month loan of midfielder Gunnhildur "Gunny" JÃ³nsdÃ³ttir to Valur Women's Football In Iceland for the remainder of the Urvalsdeild kvenna season.
JÃ³nsdÃ³ttir joined Utah Royals FC prior to the start of the club's inaugural season. After three years she currently leads the club in all-time games played (52) and minutes played (4,243) throughout all competitions. Additionally, she has scored two goals and ranked second in team history with six assists.
The loan marks the first time since 2012 that the Icelandic native will play in her home country, having spent four years with Stjarnan FC where she won the 2012 Iceland Women's Cup.
Additionally, Utah Royals FC have extended the contract of rookie midfielder Marissa Sheva through the end of the year.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from August 10, 2020
- Elizabeth Eddy Loaned to Vittsjo GIK in Sweden - Sky Blue FC
- Utah Royals FC Midfielder Gunny Jonsdottir to Play on Loan in Iceland - Utah Royals FC
- Sam Mewis Signs with Manchester City, NC Courage Retains Midfielder's NWSL Rights - North Carolina Courage
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Utah Royals FC Stories
- RSL's Aaron Herrera Called up to USMNT for Friendly
- Real Salt Lake Announces Departure of Utah Royals FC General Manager Stephanie Lee
- Utah Soccer LLC Transfers Ownership of Utah Royals FC to Group in Kansas City, Kansas
- Utah Royals FC Receives Allocation Money in Exchange for Kelley O'Hara
- Tziarra King and Raisa Strom-Okimoto Share Humanitarian of the Year Award