Elizabeth Eddy Loaned to Vittsjo GIK in Sweden
Harrison, N.J. Sky Blue FC has signed a loan agreement with Vittsjo GIK in Sweden, allowing Elizabeth Eddy to play for the club this fall. The loan is scheduled to run from August 1 through November 30.
Eddy joined Sky Blue in June 2019 and went on to record one goal and one assist in during her 17 appearances with Sky Blue last year. During the 2020 NWSL Challenge Cup, Eddy appeared in five of Sky Blue's six matches, often coming on as a substitute to bring energy and stability to the Sky Blue attack.
In 2019, Vittsjo earned 41 points in 22 games, resulting in a third-place finish in the Damallsvenskan, Sweden's top division. The club will be aiming for a first or second-place finish in 2020 in order to qualify for the European Champions League.
Vittsjo has played a total of nine matches, earning two wins and one draw thus far in the season. The club will play a total of 13 more matches across four months this fall in the Damallsvenskan.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from August 10, 2020
- Elizabeth Eddy Loaned to Vittsjo GIK in Sweden - Sky Blue FC
- Utah Royals FC Midfielder Gunny Jonsdottir to Play on Loan in Iceland - Utah Royals FC
- Sam Mewis Signs with Manchester City, NC Courage Retains Midfielder's NWSL Rights - North Carolina Courage
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sky Blue FC Stories
- Sky Blue FC Re-Signs Defender Caprice Dydasco for 2021
- Sky Blue FC Selects USYNT Star Brianna Pinto, Adds $230k in Allocation Money in 2021 NWSL Draft
- Sky Blue FC Acquires Midfielder Jennifer Cudjoe from Racing Louisville FC
- Sky Blue FC Midfielder Carli Lloyd and Defender Midge Purce Named to USWNT January Camp Roster
- Sky Blue FC Signs South Korean National Team Midfielder Sodam Lee