Utah Royals FC Announce Protected Players Ahead of 2020 NWSL Expansion Draft
SANDY, Utah - Utah Royals FC announced its list of protected and unprotected players ahead of the 2020 National Women's Soccer League Expansion Draft on November 12 at 5:00 p.m. MT. The event will consist of up to 18 rounds and Racing Louisville will be able to select players from each clubs unprotected list.
Utah was able to protect 11 players, including up to two from the United States allocation list. Racing will have two opportunities to select players from Royals FC, they can take either two league-contracted players, or one allocated player.
It is worth noting that should Racing pick a USWNT Allocated Player from Utah, Utah will receive $75,000 in Allocation Money, as is the case for any team that has a national team player selected.
Additionally, Aminata Diallo, who played on loan with Utah this season, is not available for selection as her contract ends before the start of the 2021 season and she has been placed back on the discovery list for Royals.
Kate Del Fava
Kelley O'Hara (FED-USA)
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from November 5, 2020
- NWSL Releases 2020 Expansion Draft Protected List - NWSL
- Unprotected Lists Revealed for NWSL Expansion Draft - Racing Louisville FC
- Utah Royals FC Announce Protected Players Ahead of 2020 NWSL Expansion Draft - Utah Royals FC
- Orlando Pride Announces Protected List for 2020 NWSL Expansion Draft - Orlando Pride
- OL Reign Announces Players Available in NWSL Expansion Draft - OL Reign
- Washington Spirit Announce Protected and Unprotected Lists Ahead of 2020 NWSL Expansion Draft - Washington Spirit
- NC Courage Announce 11 Protected Players Ahead of NWSL Expansion Draft - North Carolina Courage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Utah Royals FC Stories
- RSL's Aaron Herrera Called up to USMNT for Friendly
- Real Salt Lake Announces Departure of Utah Royals FC General Manager Stephanie Lee
- Utah Soccer LLC Transfers Ownership of Utah Royals FC to Group in Kansas City, Kansas
- Utah Royals FC Receives Allocation Money in Exchange for Kelley O'Hara
- Tziarra King and Raisa Strom-Okimoto Share Humanitarian of the Year Award