USL Discipline Report - Week 18
July 11, 2018 - United Soccer League Championship (USL) News Release
TAMPA, Fla. - The following is the USL's discipline report for Week 18 of the 2018 United Soccer League season:
Orange County SC's Alex Crognale has been suspended three games following the review of an incident during the club's contest with the LA Galaxy II by the Independent Discipline Panel. Crognale will be unavailable for Orange County's games against San Antonio FC (July 14), the Swope Park Rangers (July 18) and Saint Louis FC (July 21).
Reno 1868 FC's Lindo Mfeka, the Charlotte Independence's Bilal Duckett and the LA Galaxy II's Geoffrey Acheampong have each been suspended for one game following their dismissals last week for two yellow cards. Mfeka and Acheampong will both be unavailable for Wednesday night's game between the Galaxy II and 1868 FC, while Duckett will be unavailable for Wednesday night's game with Nashville SC.
The Swope Park Rangers' Matheus Silva was suspended for one game following his red card for serious foul play against Seattle Sounders FC 2 last Thursday night. Silva served his suspension in the Rangers' contest on Tuesday against Sacramento Republic FC.
Bethlehem Steel FC's Fabian Herbers has been suspended for one game for receiving his fifth yellow card of the season this past Friday against Penn FC. Herbers will be unavailable for Wednesday night's game as Bethlehem plays ATL UTD 2.
The Charleston Battery's Jarad van Schaik, North Carolina FC's Kyle Bekker and San Antonio FC's Ryan Felix are no longer on caution accumulation warning, having had one caution removed under the USL's Good Behavior incentive to place them on three cautions for the season.
The following players enter the upcoming matches one caution away from a yellow card accumulation suspension. A fifth caution would result in a one-game suspension and undisclosed fine. Here is the breakdown per club:
Bethlehem Steel FC (2): James Chambers, Olivier Mbaizo
Charlotte Independence (2): Joel Johnson, Alex Martinez
Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC (1): Jordan Schweitzer
FC Cincinnati (1): Dekel Keinan
Fresno FC (2): Rony Argueta, Zach Hayden-Ellis
Indy Eleven (1): Ayoze
LA Galaxy II (1): Emmanuel Appiah
Las Vegas Lights FC (1): Miguel Garduno
Orange County SC (1): Alex Crognale
Penn FC (2): Tiago Calvano, Dan Metzger
Richmond Kickers (1): Heviel Cordoves
Sacramento Republic FC (2): Shannon Gomez, Jeremy Hall
Saint Louis FC (2): Jonathan Barden, Lewis Hilton
San Antonio FC (2): Jose Escalante, Pecka
Seattle Sounders FC 2 (1): Ray Saari
Swope Park Rangers (3): Amer Didic, Wan Kuzain, Matheus Silva
Tampa Bay Rowdies (1): Georgi Hristov
The following players enter the upcoming matches one caution away from a yellow card accumulation suspension for receiving an eighth caution this season, which would result in a one-game suspension and undisclosed fine. Here is the breakdown per club:
Ottawa Fury FC (1): Eddie Edward
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from July 11, 2018
- Indy Eleven Can't Fend off Charleston Battery, 1-2 - Indy Eleven
- Raul Mendiola Records First Hat Trick in Club History, But Lights FC Falls in OKC, 6-3 - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Independence Grind out Clean Sheet, Home Win - Charlotte Independence
- Nashville SC Falls on the Road 1-0 against Charlotte Independence - Nashville SC
- Atlanta United 2 Defeats Bethlehem Steel 2-1 - Atlanta United 2
- Wild's Brace Leads Battery Past Indy - Charleston Battery
- RECAP: Steel FC Drops Physical Contest to Atlanta United 2 - Bethlehem Steel FC
- New York Red Bulls II Sign Left Back Allen Yanes - New York Red Bulls II
- Phoenix's Schantz Named USL Coach of the Month - USL
- Hartford Joins USL for 2019 Season at Dillon Stadium - USL
- Independence to Wear Military Appreciation Jerseys Presented by Famous Toastery - Charlotte Independence
- USL Discipline Report - Week 18 - USL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.