USL Championship Announces 2021 Season Format
Loudoun County, Va - The USL Championship announced on Thursday following the league's Board of Governors meeting that the 2021 regular season will begin on or about May 1, see the teams split in to four divisions, and will contain a 32-game slate running across 27 weeks through the end of October with playoffs scheduled for November.
In voting for a flexible start date, the Governors have approved for clubs to begin play anywhere between April 24th and May 15th. Further announcements on scheduling, divisional alignment and playoff structure will be made in the coming months and the league will continue to monitor the ongoing COVID-19 crises in the event that alterations to the format need to be made.
Loudoun United FC will continue to update season ticket members and supporters on the start of the 2021 season in the coming weeks and months. If you have questions regarding your membership please direct them to your dedicated Loudoun United FC representative.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from January 21, 2021
- USL Championship Announces 2021 Season Format - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- USL Championship Announces 2021 Season Format - Indy Eleven
- United Soccer League and New Mexico United Announce 2021 Season Format and Start Dates - New Mexico United
- USL Championship Announces 2021 Season Format - Birmingham Legion FC
- USL Championship Announces 2021 Season Format - Charleston Battery
- Usl Championship Announces 2021 Season Format - Austin Bold FC
- USL Championship Announces 2021 Season Format - OKC Energy FC
- USL Championship Announces 2021 Season Format - Charlotte Independence
- USL Championship Announces 2021 Season Format - Loudoun United FC
- USL Championship Announces 2021 Season Format - USL
- USL Announces 2021 Start Dates, Season Format - Louisville City FC
- USL Championship Finalizes Start Date, Season Format for FC Tulsa's 2021 Season - FC Tulsa
- Goalkeeper Connor Sparrow Inks Deal with The Miami FC - Miami FC
- Oakland Brings Aboard DR Congo International Bokila - Oakland Roots
- Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC Sign Preston Kilwien - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- SuperDraft Selections Have SRFC History - Sacramento Republic FC
- San Antonio FC Signs Defender Axel Sjoberg - San Antonio FC
- New Mexico United & the Somos Unidos Foundation Announce Third Academy Signing, Albuquerque Native Paolo Vela - New Mexico United
- New Mexico United & the Somos Unidos Foundation Announce Second Academy Signing, Albuquerque Native Lamar Bynum - New Mexico United
- FC Tulsa Signs Defender Modou Jadama for Second Stint with Club - FC Tulsa
- Haitian International Mechack Jerome Returns for Third Season with El Paso Locomotive - El Paso Locomotive FC
- Coronado Arrives in OKC - OKC Energy FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Loudoun United FC Stories
- Loudoun United FC Sign Defender Hassan Pinto Ahead of 2021 USL Championship Season
- Loudoun United FC Sign Noah Abrams and Michael Downs
- Loudoun United FC Announce 2021 USL Championship Schedule
- Loudoun United FC Announce 2021 Home Opener
- Loudoun United FC Announce 2021 Preseason Schedule and Roster