FC Tulsa Signs Defender Modou Jadama for Second Stint with Club
TULSA - Another of Tulsa's best players in recent years will be back in front of the home fans at ONEOK Field in 2021. FC Tulsa has signed defender Modou "Mo" Jadama for the 2021 season, pending league and federation approval.
Jadama was a key member of the 2017 Tulsa Roughnecks FC squad that made the USL Championship Playoffs, earning himself an MLS opportunity. During that 2017 campaign, Jadama was a mainstay on the backline for Tulsa, starting 28 of his 30 total appearances. He scored a goal and recorded four assists that season and was named to a USL Championship Team of the Week.
"It means a lot to sign with Tulsa," said Jadama. "I've been following the team, and they've really done something. I feel motivated more than anything to be back again."
Following his departure from Tulsa following the 2017 season, Jadama signed with Portland Timbers of MLS and split time between the senior squad and Timbers 2 in the USL Championship. Over his two years in the Pacific Northwest, Jadama made 45 appearances, often serving as the club's captain while with Portland Timbers 2. He made his MLS debut on June 10, 2018 against Sporting Kansas City when he and the Timbers kept a clean sheet.
In 2020, Jadama played in his hometown of Atlanta, signing with Atlanta United 2 in the USL Championship. He was appointed captain and played every minute of all 16 regular season matches for ATL UTD 2.
"Mo Jadama is a player that I'm very familiar with from his time with us [in 2017]," said FC Tulsa head coach Michael Nsien. "I have been able to follow Mo closely from his time in both Portland and Atlanta. Mo has all the attributes I'd like for a central defender, clean with passing using both feet, strong in the air attacking and defending, a great communicator, and reads situations early. He has the physical capabilities to match up with big or athletic strikers. With Mo back in Tulsa, we know we have another top player with us that will fight for the team."
Born in Serrekunda, The Gambia, Jadama moved to the U.S. at an early age and became a U.S. citizen as a teenager. He started his professional soccer career in Chile with Club Social y Deportivo Colo-Colo (Colo-Colo for short), one of the most famous clubs in South America. He made his professional debut for Colo-Colo in the Santo TomÃ¡s Cup in 2015. Prior to joining Tulsa, Jadama was loaned to Coquimbo Unido for the 2016 season in Chile's second division, where he made three appearances.
2021 FC Tulsa Roster
Goalkeepers: Daniel Gagliardi, Sean Lewis
Defenders: Bradley Bourgeois, Mo Jadama, Solomon Kwambe, Matt Sheldon, Kevin Garcia
Midfielders: Eric Bird, Rodrigo da Costa, Lebo Moloto, Ciaran Winters
Forwards: Jerome Kiesewetter, JoaquÃn Rivas, Marlon Santos, DarÃo SuÃ¡rez
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from January 21, 2021
- USL Championship Announces 2021 Season Format - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- USL Championship Announces 2021 Season Format - Indy Eleven
- United Soccer League and New Mexico United Announce 2021 Season Format and Start Dates - New Mexico United
- USL Championship Announces 2021 Season Format - Birmingham Legion FC
- USL Championship Announces 2021 Season Format - Charleston Battery
- Usl Championship Announces 2021 Season Format - Austin Bold FC
- USL Championship Announces 2021 Season Format - OKC Energy FC
- USL Championship Announces 2021 Season Format - Charlotte Independence
- USL Championship Announces 2021 Season Format - Loudoun United FC
- USL Championship Announces 2021 Season Format - USL
- USL Announces 2021 Start Dates, Season Format - Louisville City FC
- USL Championship Finalizes Start Date, Season Format for FC Tulsa's 2021 Season - FC Tulsa
- Goalkeeper Connor Sparrow Inks Deal with The Miami FC - Miami FC
- Oakland Brings Aboard DR Congo International Bokila - Oakland Roots
- Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC Sign Preston Kilwien - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- SuperDraft Selections Have SRFC History - Sacramento Republic FC
- San Antonio FC Signs Defender Axel Sjoberg - San Antonio FC
- New Mexico United & the Somos Unidos Foundation Announce Third Academy Signing, Albuquerque Native Paolo Vela - New Mexico United
- New Mexico United & the Somos Unidos Foundation Announce Second Academy Signing, Albuquerque Native Lamar Bynum - New Mexico United
- FC Tulsa Signs Defender Modou Jadama for Second Stint with Club - FC Tulsa
- Haitian International Mechack Jerome Returns for Third Season with El Paso Locomotive - El Paso Locomotive FC
- Coronado Arrives in OKC - OKC Energy FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Tulsa Stories
- FC Tulsa Makes $25,000 Donation to Greenwood Rising to Promote Education About 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre
- FC Tulsa's Coaches Michael Nsien, Nemanja Vukovic Earn Upgraded Coaching Licenses
- FC Tulsa to Play April Preseason Friendly against Austin Bold FC
- FC Tulsa Teams up with Tulsa Police Dept. to Launch Project ENGAGE
- FC Tulsa Expands "Pathway to Pro" to All Local Youth Soccer Players